Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 699: 2002 Fleer Ultra - #11 - Glove Works insert

Barry Larkin
Year:  2002
Brand:  Fleer Ultra
Insert set:  Glove Works
Card number:  11

This is my 699th Barry Larkin card that I've written about to date.  Way back in my post for the 550th Larkin card, I showed off the relic version of the Glove Works insert (not surprisingly, that card has a bit of game-used glove embedded in it).  I happen to like that particular relic card a lot but my biggest complaint about the card's design was that there was no write-up or statistics on the back of the card.  Now that I see the regular insert card, at least I know what the Fleer had to say about Larkin and his "glove work."

All told, I'm a sucker for die-cut cards done well and I consider this card to be done well.  I think I prefer the relic version since it fits in with the theme better, but both cards are quite nice.  Now the question is, what card will I show off for the 700th Larkin card in my collection?!

Comments