Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Delivery Time! The Bucs Stop Here Completes Set #38 on the Year for Me!

I received a surprise PWE in the mail this past weekend which resulted in one more card added to my collection...and in the process my 38th (!) completed set in 2019!

The small, yet amazing PWE was courtesy of Nate over at The Bucs Stop Here.  Nate and I have traded once or twice before but not in quite some time so this was truly a wonderful little surprise.  The card in question?

That's Evan Longoria from the 2008 UD Timelines set.  A set with it's 285 short prints in a 385 card set (seriously, go here if you don't believe me).  No matter, I've now managed to track down every single short print...and it's actually a pretty glorious set in its entirety! 

Given the craziness that is this set, I can't help but wonder how many people actually ended up building the entire set?  I'm guessing there aren't many people in 2019 (a full eleven years later) still working on the set but that's what happened to me.  Slow and steady won the race, I guess! 

As always, if you have anything from any of the sets that I'm still working on, I'd love to be able to get that much closer to completing my 39th set of the year from my want list!  Be sure to check out my wants and then make an offer.

Comments

  1. That's impressive. I gave up trying to complete it. ... But I'm still trying to complete other sets from 2008!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me over a decade but no one can say I'm a quitter! (actually, I do plan to give up on collecting some sets but those decisions will wait until the end of the 2019).

      Delete
  2. Glad you got it! Congrats on completing the set.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment