Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

Delivery Time! Making Actual Progress on 2009 Goudey (!!) - A Cracked Bat Package

Once I got back into collecting cards, I'd say that my "heyday" was right around 2007 - 2009.  During that era, I attempted to collect a ton of different sets and I was certainly spending more money on cards than anything else (I had a cheap apartment, lived by myself, could walk to work, and I wasn't yet married).

One of the sets that I bought way too much of was the 2009 Upper Deck Goudey set.  The Goudey set was a set that to a rather naive me looked like a set that would be one that I could complete.  Alas, I was definitely incorrect...or at least incorrect if you define "complete" to mean finish within a decade of the set's release.

It's now 2020 and I'm still missing a ton of cards from that set...but thanks to Julie over at A Cracked Bat, I can at least say that I've made a modicum of progress on the set in 2020.

That's two more pesky short prints acquired - both part of Julie's pick pocket program on her blog.  When I perused the cards she had available, I almost jumped out of my seat with excitement when I saw something for my set needs...and even more so when I found two somethings for my set needs!

Since I knew I had to put a claim in for the two Goudeys, I also decided to ask for a third card:

Not a set need, but I'm always happy to get another Larkin card for my collection!

Thanks for the great cards, Julie.  And if you end up having even more 2009 Goudey short prints to get rid of, let me know!

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Nice cards, and a very nice gesture by Julie to let us pick her pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I took on way too many sets when I came back to collecting (2010-ish) as well, and I've heard a bunch of other people say the same thing, usually with regret in their tone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment