- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Yesterday, I received a nice little PWE in the mail from Greg over at The Collective Mind. I figured since I keep talking a big game about being more on top of trade packages I ought to back up my talk with actions. Thus, here are the cards less than 24 hours after they arrived at my house!
Greg sent me three new Barry Larkin cards but I have to begin with the die-cut:
That's a Leather & Lumber card from the 2019 set. I never bought a single pack of 2019 Leather & Lumber but I have to admit that this card is really quite nice! I especially like the thickness of the card, it
"feels" like a quality card (along with the slight texturing on the card front). Heck, even the fact that Panini couldn't use team logos isn't obvious here though truth-be-told I'm getting used to logo-less Panini sets and it bothers me a little bit less each year.
Speaking of logo-less sets, the second Larkin in the PWE was from a different Panini offering: 2018 Donruss Optic.
This beauty is numbered 38/299 and joins a still rather small collection of Barry Larkin cards that I own that are serially numbered. The teal border kind of clashes with the all red card design for the Reds but I like the card regardless.
And finally, the lone card with the Reds' logo showing and somehow it's the worst of the three photographs! To me, the photo is very "fuzzy" and definitely not at all crisp. You do get to see the wishbone C logo front and center though, so I guess Topps has that going for them.
That's from the 35th Anniversary insert set from 2020 Topps. Somehow, I've still not bought a single pack of 2020 Topps for myself. It's not for a lack of trying necessarily though, my only "in person" spot to buy cards is my local Wal-Mart and the card aisle there has been completely empty for the better part of two months now!
Many, many thanks for the Larkins, Greg! It's definitely more fun to get Barry Larkin cards in the mail and spend no money as opposed to buying packs at the store and coming up empty in terms of getting new cards of Barry. Much, much appreciated!
As for anyone else, I'm always willing trade and yes, I'm actually doing better at being prompt with trade posts (though I'll never promise to have a sub-24 hour turnaround on such things)! Be sure to check out my want list and make an offer if you'd like to trade.
Comments



Those Power Alley cards are so awesome. I had never seen those before, until, I claimed a Miguel Cabrera card on a blog, which, of course, slips my mind, because, I'm old and forgetful like that.
ReplyDeleteGood Job! 👍
Agree on Power Alley! Really cool cards.
Delete