- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This is it, the last of my "first run" Allen & Ginter mini Frankenset posts! Once I get the final 50 card slots shown here, any future Frankenset updates will consist entirely of card upgrades (plus, hopefully, filling in the remaining few holes in my set)!
Page 21 - Cards 301 - 315:
Missing #s: 305, 311
Highlights: A couple of Reds make an appearance including Suarez which is nice. A few legends of the game here plus a great Wade Miley card (here he is featured as a Diamondback).
Lowlights: Two empty card slots which I believe is the most empty slots on a single page so far in the binder. That's not entirely surprising though since for most of Allen & Ginter's run, cards #301 and up have been short printed (and short print minis are fairly difficult to come by)!
Overall: There isn't a ton to write home about here - but anytime you get a black bordered short print in the Frankenset binder you have to be happy (well played, Mr. McGriff).
Page 22 - Cards 316 - 330:
Missing #s: 320
Highlights: Only one Red but I like the mix of featured teams on this page (despite the fact that somehow the Tigers landed three on this page alone)!
Lowlights: Another empty card slot. Otherwise, not much to complain about here.
Overall: I imagine finding replacements for the short printed minis will be tougher but there aren't a ton of cards on this page that I'd consider "safe" from being replaced in the future!
Page 23 - Cards 331 - 345:
Missing #s: 335
Highlights: I kind of like having three black bordered short prints from the 2013 set all in a row (and all Pennsylvania teams to boot)! The black bordered Castellanos is super nice from this year's Ginter set, too bad he's slotted next to Yadier Molina though.
Lowlights: Other than Molina? Not much here - I like most of the cards on this page!
Overall: Happy to get a Nolan Ryan into the set - the 2013 A&G set is well represented on this particular page!
Page 24 - Cards 346 - 350:
Missing #s: None!
Highlights: A Reds' manager (Sparky Anderson) plus an ex-Red (Jay Bruce) make for a decent final five in the set. Add in Bob Feller and Joe Mauer and you're 80% of the way there for a great last five cards.
Lowlights: Who is Jesse Litsch and why can't I have a better option for card #349? At least I like the look of the 2007 A&G minis a lot!
Overall: A fun ending to a fun little project. I'm super happy to have finally forced myself to sit down and sort through all of those mini cards that I've been accumulating for years and years! I anticipate the upgrading of the Frankenset over the coming months/years to be where the real fun of the set will be for me!
Card numbers missing as of now: 2, 13, 72, 140, 165, 216, 238, 249, 263, 297, 305, 311, 320, 335
That does it for the A&G mini Frankenset preview! Out of the 350 cards in the set, I'm only missing 14 which isn't too bad! As I said before, I know that I have at least one more stack of mini cards that I need to sort through (I found them after I had completed my initial sorting for the Frankenset). For now though, I'll enjoy what I have!
Comments




This was very cool to follow, thanks for showing them off! All that extra space on the last page would annoy me after a while :)
ReplyDelete