Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

Well, Here's Something Different!

Today marks the final day of the first week back at school.  If I'm being honest, somehow this week felt more like three weeks at work so I needed something kind of light and silly for today's post!  

Enter, this box of cards:


This is some sort of Pokémon card box that my son recently got in a McDonald's Happy Meal.  My son's only four so he isn't into card games yet - and I'm too old to know much at all about Pokémon so this ought to be an interesting review!

Alright, let's crack this thing open:


Inside, we get four items which seems pretty generous at first glance for a Happy Meal toy!  That said, one of the things is a rule book and a second item basically looks like a cheap POG (see, I'm dating myself even more now).  The third item is a spinner thing for the game and the fourth is probably the only thing that belongs on my card blog - a bona fide pack of cards!


The pack claims to have four cards in it - and according to this checklist I found there are a total of 30 cards in the McDonald's set:  15 regular cards each of which also has a foil variant.  The little bit that I know about Pokémon as a whole comes from the Super Smash Bros. video games (I've never played a Pokémon game) so this ought to be an interesting pack rip.

Tynamo:


An electric tadpole looking thing.  

Lapras:


Looks like Dorrie from Super Mario 64 with a spiny shell attached.  


Bewear:


I enjoy the pun of a scary bear - and then that humor gets elevated further by making half of the bear have a cartoony pink top.  

Shiny Growlithe:


Nice tiger thing...and shiny to boot!

Alright, if nothing else that was a fun diversion even if I know nothing about Pokémon.  Some completed eBay auctions suggest this is a $4 card which, if I sell it, would mean I get the rest of the cards and toys in the meal for free...as well as the meal itself.  I could have done much worse!

Enjoy your Friday and have a good weekend!

Comments

  1. I saw these the other day. I remember first time around people were buying them out. Glad one was available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, from all accounts there hasn't been any hoarding rush on this bunch of cards. I don't know if that's because these cards are somehow "bad" or if people have better things to do with their lives currently. Either way, it was fun to get one to open up though I have no plans to start buying Happy Meals for myself because of Pokémon!

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of "card bros" cleaning McDonalds out of Pokemon cards either, so maybe that's a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent review, lol. I really enjoyed reading it since I also know absolutely nothing about Pokemon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment