Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

TCDB Time: A Good Week's Worth of Trades!

Another week, another TCDB wrap-up post.  This past week was a good week for trades, one of my busier weeks in recent memory with three different envelopes showing up in my mailbox.  

We'll take a look at all the mail beginning with a PWE from user nwcardsupplies.


Yeah, that's a good week in and of itself with four new-to-me Barry Larkin cards showing up in a package!  As much as I like the Ginter mini, I think my favorite of the bunch is the Leaf Certified Cuts card - so shiny and it's a design that is all new to me.  Also, how did I not yet own an Upper Deck First Pitch base card?!  

Next up, a single card from user Arkansas Traveler:


That's a 2005 Donruss Throwback Threads Generations insert card of Ozzie Smith, Barry Larkin, and B.J. Upton.  I feel like I always have to "overpay" for any Barry Larkin card where he is paired with either Ozzie Smith, Derek Jeter, or Cal Ripken, Jr. which is annoying but at least I was able to swing a deal for this particular card.  

Finally, we end with a bubble mailer full of more Barry Larkin cards!  This time, I get to thank user WJR16:


It's not every day (or every week) that I get to trade for a Barry Larkin relic card!  Although, I do have to wonder how many times I need to find Larkin cards with the 1987 Topps design.  The colored Donruss parallels are also kind of cool in their own way - in fact, I'd say that the colored parallels are the best part of modern Donruss sets!  All told, I was able to grab four Larkins from 2022 sets - a great thing for me since I have yet to buy any 2022 stuff for myself this year.

That does it for the past week over on TCDB.  Clearly, it was a great week for acquiring new Larkin cards!  I'm not sure when the last time was that I was able to trade for nine new Larkin cards. 

Turning our attention to the rest of the week here at Nachos Grande, I'd like to remind you that beginning tomorrow I'm going to call this week "1998 Topps Gold Label Week" as I rip through my box of (you guessed it) 1998 Gold Label.  I hope you can join me for the fun...and I hope that the box is good to me!

Comments