Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

Batches of Barry.

Today, I'm back with another post highlighting some recent eBay purchases that I've made from a single seller who has slowly been unloading his personal Barry Larkin collection.  I can't afford most of the "high end" stuff - nor some of his really rare cards, but I have been able to pick off some of the cheaper cards that I needed here and there.  In fact, over the past month or so I managed to acquire six new-to-me Barry Larkin cards from that single seller:


Of those, I think the Topps Gold Label Bullion insert is my favorite - but I also really like that Knothole Gang "sample" card as well as the 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game pewter parallel.  Eventually, each of the above cards will get featured in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series but I figured I'd show of the batch all at once here for posterity!

Now that the six cards you see above are safely tucked away in my binder, I can throw away six more scraps of paper that serve as placeholders within my various Barry Larkin binders.  


If nothing else, I'm slowly working through the backlog of packages sitting on my desk!  I still have a couple more trade envelopes to show off plus a big box from Sportlots (this won't be the last post where you'll see a nice smattering of Barry Larkin cards)!  Soon my binders will be even more full of Barry Larkin cards!

Comments

  1. Love those Artist Proofs! Back in the 90's... I would get so excited every time I'd come across an affordable AP parallel... or (even better) pull one from a pack.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment