Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

Trading with The Collective Mind for a Magazine that I'm Featured In!

Not too long ago, Greg from The Collective Mind was clearing out some unwanted items which happened to include a very specific issue of Sports Market Report magazine that I immediately claimed.



Now, you may think that I grabbed this because of Larkin on the cover, but you'd be wrong.  I'm actually featured in the cover story about Barry Larkin in the magazine - and while I did already own a copy of this magazine for myself, I couldn't help but jump at the chance to get a second copy.  

This is the only magazine that I've been featured in for my baseball card collection.  It's kind of funny that it's Sports Market Report where I ended up since that magazine seems to be almost entirely focused on graded cards which couldn't be further from my own collecting practices and beliefs!  Still, it was a fun process to be interviewed and then to see how the final article came together.  

Thanks to Greg for giving an opportunity for the rest of us to claim some of his unwanted items - definitely glad to have a second copy of the magazine!  For the record, I did write more about the magazine back in 2012 when it was originally released (see here for more details).

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:21 PM

    Very cool that you were interviewed for SMR! Someone in the know must have noticed your very impressive Larkin collection long ago. Did you know the person who contacted you for the article? Like, were they someone you knew from a blog, message board, or somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't have any prior communication with SMR. I think they stumbled across my blog and then reached out to me as I recall.

      Delete
  2. As someone featured in a magazine for their collecting, I know it's a hoot! I don't recall you mentioning it before, so I had to go back and read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt I'll ever be a published author like you so that article was the next best thing!

      Delete
  3. That is so cool! It's a little late... but congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Congrats on the article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought you were gonna say that now you have one for your son too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment