Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

The End of the Choice.

It's finally here, the end of my box of 1998 Collector's Choice Series 2.  I've spread out the box rip over a two-week span which has kept me interested in every base card.  For what it's worth, I definitely recommend spreading out a box rip, especially for boxes that are mostly base card focused.  

However, all good things have to come to an end and today we end our box rip with packs #33 - 36 out of the box.  Enjoy the end!

Pack 33:
330.  Kenny Lofton


Did you know that Kenny Lofton played in a World Series and an NCAA basketball Tournament Final Four?  I didn't - but thanks to taking the time to read each base card back now I do know that factoid!

Pack 34
Mini Bobbing Head:  11.  Kenny Lofton


It's a Kenny Lofton hot box all of a sudden!  I'm planning on building the Mini Bobbing Head set so getting another one of those is appreciated this late in the box break!

Pack 35:
345.  Barry Larkin


I already owned that Larkin card (multiple times, in fact) but it's always fun to pull a Larkin card fresh out of a pack.  

Pack 36:
396.  Todd Zeile


We end with this interesting shot of Todd Zeile doing....what exactly?!  I think perhaps he is applying pine tar to his bat?  No matter, it's a unique shot and a perfect ending to a box of Collector's Choice - a set that is all about the base (as Meghan Trainor might say).  

That does it for the box rip - now I have a lot of sorting to do and then I'll get my want lists updated accordingly.  Thanks for following along while I rip a product from way back in 1998!

Comments

Post a Comment