Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Another Forgotten Pack! (With an awesome, unexpected hit!)

I'm back with another forgotten pack that was recently rediscovered thanks to my emphasis on cleaning up and organizing my sprawling card collection.  

Today's forgotten pack is another one from 2011 - my one and only Bowman Chrome pack that I opened!

You only get four cards in the pack - so they better be worth it.

40.  Brett Anderson - Athletics

Not the best start - I could really use a few Athletics collectors to trade with, I seem to pull more A's cards that I possibly can figure out what to do with.

BCP137.  Roman Mendez - Rangers
BCP142.  Jon Pettibone - Phillies

First, why did I get one base card and two of the white Bowman First Chrome card inserts?  Or, are these not inserts?  I have no idea.  Bowman confuses me.  Second, what happened to all the Phillies collectors?  A few years ago, I couldn't keep a supply of Phillies cards to save myself...now, I don't think I've had anyone specifically request Phillies cards in about a year, maybe more.  Where'd you go Phillie phanatics?

The final card in the pack:

80.  Drew Stubbs - Orange Refractor #04/25

Woo!  The orange refractors are seeded 1:198 packs so that makes this card quite rare to begin with.  Even better, it's a rare card of a Cincinnati Red - which makes it an instant keeper!  If I didn't know better, I'd say that Bowman was trying to convince me to collect their strange, confusing line-up of cards.  I happen to love the Stubbs but not enough to get suckered into buying more Bowman.  Even so, a great card - surprisingly good enough to make the four card pack totally worthwhile!

Comments

  1. Agh I want the Drew Stubbs. Pleaseeeeeeeeee trade it too me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment