Featured Post

Blue (La Da Dee Da Da Da)

Idiots in Hats.

I'm an idiot.  For me to suggest otherwise would be dishonest.  I don't know why I choose to do idiotic things, but I do.  For instance:

I am collecting the 2008 Upper Deck StarQuest set.  That's dumb enough - but stupid, idiotic me decided to chase the common set plus the three parallel sets.  And I don't even like the set anymore.

Luckily, this post isn't about 2008 Upper Deck.  It's about 2012 Allen & Ginter.

Specifically, the Guys in Hats (and by association, Fashionable Ladies).

Over the summer, I thought it would be a great plan to try and chase down a pair of 10 card insert sets that were seeded 1 per case.  Yeah, you can guess how that's worked out for me for the most part.

At the moment, I have three Guys in Hats plus three of the Fashionable Ladies.  Thanks to an eBay "steal", I can now say I have four cards from the Guys in Hats insert set...

The Fedora.

A grainy photo is somehow befitting for this pointless insert set.  But here I am, chasing it anyway.  The good news is that I'm only 13 cards away from completing the two sets.  I probably have a good of a chance at that happening as I have for completing the 2008 UD StarQuest insert sets.

I never do learn.

I told you I was an idiot.

Comments

  1. I like how you try to console yourself by stating it's only 13 cards.

    Numbers are so easily manipulated. Ahem... that's 65% to go.

    Don't beat yourself up though. We have all have our own self-inflicted cardboard torture. That's what makes his hobby so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

    Hey, if ANY of us had ANY sense we wouldn't be involved in this hobby at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment