Featured Post

Check Out My Cards - Volume VII: A Mini & A Mini Relic (The Conclusion)

I think I managed to spread out a 14 card Check Out My Cards purchase long enough, don't you?  Part of the reason I spread the posts out was that I haven't had all that much to write about lately.  However, the bigger reason was that for the past ten days I've been in Europe.  By the time you read this, I should be back home (albeit most likely too tired for any sort of blogging - hence the pre-written post).  I'm guessing I'll have plenty of pictures of my trip, perhaps I'll even throw some up here.

Anyhow, let's get back to the issue at hand - the final two cards from my recent Check Out My Cards purchase.  Both cards are from the 2011 Topps Lineage set, and both are miniature in size.

The first card is this nice 1975 mini of Johnny Bench.

I decided to only chase the various parallel sets for the Reds - and with the Bench now in hand, I am now only missing two other '75 Reds minis!

The final card of the package is a relic that I've teased a couple of times already:

I really like the '75 mini relics from the Lineage set.  The relic bit seems to add to the card rather than take away from it.  As with the parallels, I've decided to try and chase only the Reds relics - and thanks to the Bruce now in hand, all that I'm missing are the legendary player relics.

For the record, here's everything that I need from the set:

2011 Topps Lineage Wants:
1975 mini parallels:
  33 (Tony Perez), 103 (Joey Votto)
Topps Giants (box toppers):  TG7 (Joey Votto)
1975 Mini relics:  75R-JBE (Johnny Bench), 75R-TP (Tony Perez)

Thanks for reading - and if you've sent me some sort of trade proposal lately that I couldn't respond to, don't worry...  I will be going through all my emails over the next day or so and should get back to everyone!  Also, if you didn't yet pay for the upcoming group break (the cards should be arriving this week), please do so.  I still need to do the team randomization but I can't until everyone has paid.

Comments