Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Big, Bigger, Biggest! Zenith in the House.

This post is scheduled to live on my blog at about the same time as first pitch between the Reds and Pirates -a game at which I will be at!  Look for me on tv, I'll be the guy wearing the Reds gear in enemy territory.  However, before flipping on the game, why don't you take a gander at another pack of 1997 Pinnacle Zenith over-sized goodness!

Pack 3:
24.  Bernie Williams - Yankees

28.  Mark McGwire - Athletics
32.  Chuck Knoblauch - Twins
38.  Jay Buhner - Mariners
49.  Scott Rolen - Phillies

The Bernie Williams card makes 'ol Bernie look like he is all alone in a vast land of green grass!  It's a sort of unique shot I guess - and another example of why I've found the 1997 Pinnacle Zenith set to be so impressive.  I could see myself collecting this set!

And now, on to the two oversized cards:

19 of 24:  Cal Ripken Jr. - Orioles

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Justin G. is pretty happy about this pull!  The oversized cards are quite awesome - just wait 'til you get them in your hand if you don't believe me right now!

17 of 24:  Dufex:  Derek Jeter - Yankees

I don't like this one as much as the Ripken only because I think the action shots work much better on oversized cards.  That said, I'm guessing Kenneth R. completely disagrees with me and finds this card to be quite wonderful (at least I hope that's the case)!

Comments

  1. That Ripken card does indeed bring the awesome. Between that and the Albert Belle Gold Label base card this break has been great for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment