Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Cards from Nebraska!

My 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter set is getting closer to being completed.  One of the main reasons is because I've been fortunate enough to be able to work out a few trades with various people across the blogosphere!  Today's trade package was nothing more than a plain white envelope - but it happened to be from Brad from the Red Sox Fan in Nebraska blog (you can read about his end of the swap here)...and it happened to hold three more cards for my A&G collection.

First up, a mini card of John Locke.

The Locke is from the Inquiring Minds mini card set - a set that I'm about halfway done completing (here's what I still need).

The other two cards from Brad were both from the Curious Cases set (a non-mini insert set).

While I don't care for most of the regular sized insert sets in Ginter, I have to admit that I like these cards quite a bit.  The UVB-76 card was of particular interest to me because I'd never heard of it.  Basically, it's shortwave radio station that broadcasts brief, monotonous tones with the occasional Russian statement.  Certain weird - or better yet, curious!

Thanks for the quick and easy trade Brad!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments