Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Group Break Sign-Ups are LIVE! NEW PRICING! 2 Teams for 1 Low Price!

EDIT:  Alright, I'm man enough to admit when I've made a mistake.  I guess people really prefer the Buy One, Get One Random team structure that I usually use for group breaks.  I've updated the pricing to reflect the change - and I've made it so all the boxes are part of the break with the hopes that I'm able to sell all the slots under the new format.  I thought maybe people didn't like getting cards from a team they don't collect - lesson learned on my end.  Please scroll down and see the updated pricing!

-----

The time is finally here - my newest (and greatest?) Group Break is officially open for sign-ups.  This break is brought to you by the good folks over at Baseball Card Exchange - a group break partner of Nachos Grande for well over a year now.

Please read through the post to find out all the necessary details!  The break consists of a bunch of boxes (up to seven) from a variety of years and manufacturers.  There are some "standard" sets and some "oddball" sets included in the break - hopefully something for everyone!

1.  What is included in the break?

The following SEVEN boxes will be included in the break.

We begin with a 2000 Skybox Dominion hobby box.

The box contains 36 packs with 10 cards per pack (360 total cards).  Inside the box are six insert sets which include the possibility of pulling numbered parallels, autographed cards (1:144 packs), Hats off cards (1:460 packs) which feature pieces of player's hats, and Milestone cards (1:1999 packs).

Next up, a box of 1993 Upper Deck Series 1.

The box contains a bunch of packs - each pack is jumbo with 27 cards.  Unfortunately, the box doesn't specifically state how many packs but I believe it's 24 packs if eBay is to be believed (so a total of 648 cards in this box).  The '93 Upper Deck set seems to be a favorite among many bloggers so I thought it'd be  a fun "retro" addition of sorts.

We stick with Upper Deck for the next box (actually it's a tin) but we move forward quite a few years.  This is a 2005 Origins Tin.  

The tin contains 20 cards plus 1 Nostalgic Tin Sign (which puts us at 1028 cards so far plus 1 tin sign).  The Origins tin also might contain numbered parallels and will contain TWO memorabilia cards per tin on average (according to the tin)!  For the record, if whoever claims the Yankees wants the tin (and pays for the additional shipping) they can have it.

The fourth box is from 2000 and is a seemingly favorite brand of many people - 2000 Topps Gold Label.

 The box contains 24 packs with 5 cards per pack (120 total cards).  The box doesn't contain any specific odds or insert information but Gold Label usually has plenty of parallels and a few inserts.

Speaking of inserts, how about a box chock full of 'em?  2002 Fleer Maximum is our fifth box of the break.

The Fleer Maximum box contains 16 packs with 15 cards per pack (total of 240 cards).  The box contains game-used or autographed cards every 1:8 packs which means the box should contain TWO hits.  There is also the possibility of getting lots of rarer stuff too including Derek Jeter Legacy Collection cards.

The sixth box of the break is a huge box!  Literally.  This is a 1997 Zenith 8x10 box.

The box contains 12 packs where each pack contains 5 regular baseball cards plus 2 8x10 baseball cards (total card count in the box = 84 cards).

The final box in the break will be a 2004 Fleer Tradition hobby box with 36 packs (10 cards per pack).

The box contains game-used memorabilia cards 1:18 packs which means we should get two in the box!

This means the group break consists of about 1,832 cards with at least SIX hits and plenty of other goodies!  The price for all that?  Basically the cost of a blaster plus tax (or less in some teams' cases)!  JOIN NOW - and help me spread the word...the quicker the break is filled, the quicker I can start busting boxes!!
The full group break!

2.  How do I sign up?
In order to sign up for the break, you need to complete three simple steps.
  1. Claim your team(s) by leaving a comment on this post stating which team(s) you are claiming.
  2. Submit your payment via PayPal (please mark as gift and include no other information on the PayPal payment).  Please send payment to fanofreds (dot) auctions (at) gmail (dot) com.  Please note that both fanofreds and auctions are both plural in my email address!
  3. Email me (same address as in step 2) an email with:
    • Your blog name you used to claim your team(s)
    • Your email address from which you sent PayPal payment
    • Your mailing address for where you would like your cards sent at the completion of the break.
Once you have successfully completed all three steps, I will update the available teams list to show that you are paid and successfully in the break!

3.  Available teams!

Each team slot is $25.00.  You get one team of your choice and one random team for $25.00 (price includes shipping to the US).  Out of the country shipping is possible if you pick up the shipping difference.  Contact me!

Slots Remaining:  0  (Break is full)

Arizona Diamondbacks - Chris G.
Atlanta Braves - Jon (Payment pending)
Baltimore Orioles - Justin G. (PAID)
Boston Red Sox - Nachos Grande (PAID)
Chicago White Sox - buckstorecards
Chicago Cubs - Nachos Grande (PAID)
Cincinnati Reds - Nachos Grande (PAID)
Cleveland Indians - Baseball Dad (PAID)
Colorado Rockies - Nachos Grande
Detroit Tigers - Chris G. (PAID)
Florida Marlins - Nachos Grande
Houston Astros - Jon
Kansas City Royals - Spiegel83
Los Angeles Angels - Justin G.
Los Angeles Dodgers - Spiegel83 (PAID)
Milwaukee Brewers - Nachos Grande
Minnesota Twins - Robert
New York Mets - buckstorecards (PAID)
New York Yankees - Kenneth R. (PAID)
Oakland Athletics - Kenneth R.
Philadelphia Phillies - daddyohoho (PAID)
Pittsburgh Pirates - Nachos Grande (PAID)
San Diego Padres - daddyohoho
San Francisco Giants - Nachos Grande
Seattle Mariners - Junior Junkie (PAID)
St. Louis Cardinals - madding (PAID)
Tampa Bay Rays - Junior Junkie
Texas Rangers - Baseball Dad
Toronto Blue Jays - Robert (PAID)
Washington Nationals - madding

Comments

  1. Aiiiggghhhh! Gotta save all my money for vacation. I bought an Origins tin when it came out and got a vintage Goudey Johnny Evers card as a bonus so there is a chance there could be an old card in here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariners and Reds. I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariners are yours Junior Junkie! (I already claimed the Reds but I'll try to remember to put any duplicate Reds in your pile!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops. I forgot they're yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I paid for two teams, so I'll take the Yankees instead of the Reds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shit, I did it again. Let me think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally ransacked your comments section, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in for the Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please put me down for the Dodgers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Put me down for the Cardinals, so long as I can pay you on Friday. I'll do it first thing in the morning, I swear! (which for most people is like lunchtime...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll take the Blue Jays. Payment and email to come on Friday morning. Thanks for the break!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mets for me. Contact me about the cost of extra shipping to Canada and I'll get things out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll take the Indians, before Junior Junkie jumps in again ! Tomorrow's payday, I'll get it to you !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Put me down for the Orioles.email and payment on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like the Phil's please

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment