Featured Post

The Raz Card Blog: Trade Winds (Part 1)

I'm not quite yet caught up with all the old trade packages that arrived while I was hosting the group break.  However, I'm making serious progress towards the goal of getting all the packages organized (and the cards filed away in my binders).

Today's trade is courtesy of Chris over at The Raz Card Blog.  Chris and I recently completed a pretty big swap - I sent him the full A&G base set minus Puig (plus short prints) along with some of the inserts.  In return, Chris sent me a bunch of A&G goodies, a few Gypsy Queen cards, and a couple of Topps Archives that I needed.  You know I'm happy because I was able to shorten the 'ol want list for three different sets!

Since the pure quantity (not to mention quality) was so high, I've decided to split the trade post into multiple posts.  For this morning's post, we'll look at the Gypsy Queen cards Chris sent me.

We begin with some of the 2013 Gypsy Queen base cards.  It's amazing to me that I am still missing so many base cards - I even bought a hobby box to help me along my way.  How is it possible that I'm still missing 27 cards?!
Specifically, I need the following:
14, 87, 92, 99, 107, 111, 124, 126, 133, 136, 144, 181, 187, 189, 198, 202, 208, 213, 215, 239, 287, 309, 315, 330, 331, 334, 340
Oh man.  At least I no longer need 32 cards since Chris had five to send me.

My favorite of the five?  Well - it's a Cardinal believe it or not.

Yeah, Orlando Cepeda - one of the old Cardinals...none of the new age whiny Cardinals (who always seem to beat my Reds - so yes, bitter grapes in full force).

Happily, to wash away some of that Cardinal stink, Chris threw in a Todd Frazier mini card (regular back) for my Reds' collection:

That's a much nicer card than any Cardinal card could ever be...

Finally, Chris sent me another five of the white bordered framed parallels.  All things considered, I'm making pretty good progress on that set - I only need another 49 cards.
Specifically, here's that list:
1, 10, 13, 17, 26, 31, 34, 37, 42, 48, 65, 70, 74, 81, 89, 95, 105, 112, 117, 123, 129, 130, 137, 141, 154, 166, 173, 182, 184, 200, 205, 211, 214, 229, 233, 240, 241, 243, 253, 255, 261, 263, 265, 269, 296, 300, 303, 335, 341
As for the five that Chris sent me - well, they are all pretty good for different reasons.

First, there's Marco Scutaro.

With the frame's location, it looks like Scutaro just four-ironed a pitch right off the card.

Full disclosure:  I have no idea if a four-iron is even a real golf club.  You know what I mean even if my analogy isn't even possible.

Next up:  Carlos Santana

I'm guessing this photo was taken in Seattle given the giant Mariners' logo on the dugout wall.  At least, I think that's a Mariners' logo.

The third framed card was of Whitey Ford:

If you've read my blog much at all, you know I love when baseball cards include things like trees, mountains, or lakes.  This particular card might not have any mountains or bodies of water - but it does have a wonderful forest in the background.

The fourth card is a Cardinal.

I think Chris was just messing with me - tossing all the St. Louis Cardinals that he could find on my want list.  The jokes on him though, if it's a card I want for a set - I'll cherish it no matter the team.

And finally, a Cole Hamels framed parallel:

This is a pretty cool card - the angle is just different enough to be interesting.  I'm guessing that's not Chase Utley's legs in the background because it seems like Utley's hurt about 90% of the time lately.

Thanks for the trade Chris - I'll have more goodies from you in an upcoming post!

As for anyone else, if you want to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!  I should be caught up in no time...so now's a great time to trade with me!

Comments