Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

UD Past Time Pennants Countdown: I Guess No One Cares About This...

I have to admit, I'm sort of disappointed/surprised that more people aren't interested in my little countdown.  On average, I can safely assume 100+ visitors on a given day for my usual drivel.  Unfortunately, since I started the '05 UD Past Time Pennants Countdown, my daily readership has taken a nose dive.  With that said, I guess I'll apologize to all of you for picking such a boring (?) topic...but in the spirit of finishing what one starts, I'll continue on...with the goal of having a post each evening that's something non-UD Past Time Pennants I guess.

#45:  Maury Willis

An old-timey photo makes this card nice.  No batting gloves and choked up on the bat?  That's enough to put this card smack dab in the middle of my countdown!

#44:  Pee Wee Reese

Our second consecutive Dodger - but this one is twice as nice despite it being another posed shot.  Once again, it's the background of the photo that interests me...in this case, there's a game going on while 'ol Reese is posing for a photo!  What a showboat!

#43:  Luis Aparicio 

We are are almost to the point where I had a hard time figuring out where exactly a card should rank in my countdown.  This is one of the cards that I initially like quite a bit but it kept falling further and further down the rankings.  In the end, it made the top half but only by a hair.  I think it's the banks of lights in the background that I like!

2005 Upper Deck Past Time Pennants - Best Cards, In Order (so far).
Note:  The card number is the number in parenthesis after the player.
#90.  Ron Guidry (74)
#89.  Paul Molitor (62)
#88.  Will Clark (87)
#87.  Kirby Puckett (50)
#86.  Carl Yastrzemski (14)
#85.  Mike Schmidt (57)
#84.  Keith Hernandez (49)
#83.  Jim Rice (43)
#82.  Gary Carter (32)
#81.  Bill Mazeroski (4)
#80.  Catfish Hunter (16)
#79.  Tony Gwynn (76)
#78.  Cal Ripken Jr. (13)
#77.  Jack Morris (39)
#76.  Ozzie Smith (61)
#75:  Graig Nettles (37)
#74:  Dale Murphy (17)
#73:  Goose Gossage (36)
#72.  Bucky Dent (12)
#71.  Jim Palmer (42)
#70.  Robin Yount (70)
#69.  Willie McCovey (88)
#68.  Dave Parker (18)
#67.  Billy Williams (5)
#66.  Don Mattingly (20)
#65.  Steve Carlton (79)
#64.  Gaylord Perry (33)
#63.  Sparky Lyle (77)
#62.  Jim Bunning (40)
#61.  Eddie Mathews (24)
#60.  Tommy John (82)
#59.  George Kell (35)
#58.  Monte Irvin (58)
#57:  Bert Blyleven (3)
#56:  Early Wynn (23)
#55:  Larry Doby (51)
#54:  Joe Morgan (45)
#53:  Nolan Ryan (59)
#52:  Lou Brock (52)
#51:  Rico Petrocelli (68)
#50:  Bob Lemon (8)
#49:  Fred Lynn (31)
#48:  Bobby Doerr (9)
#47:  Robin Roberts (69)
#46:  Johnny Podres (47)
#45:  Maury Wills (55)
#44:  Pee Wee Reese (63)
#43:  Luis Aparicio (53)

Comments

  1. I don't think it's you or the topic. Over at PATP daily hits and comments are down. Posting has dropped off around the 'sphere as well. I think it's the doldrums between the World Series and Spring Training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with PATP. I created a 1500 card custom set and I am only getting 30-35 hits a day. What can you do? I am just going to keep plugging along and if I end up doing this for "only" 30-35 people, then I am just going to do the best I can for that group of loyal readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two worst months for card blog readership are November and December. It happens ever year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fair enough I guess. I know my blog isn't the most exciting one out there but a 50% reduction in readers was a bit shocking. And yes, I know numbers aren't everything...but I am a numbers guy so I can't help but pay attention to such things.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment