Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 225: 1989 Score Hottest 100 Stars - #52

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  Score Hottest 100 Stars
Card number:  52

One of the many perks of my blog is that I've been exposed to tons and tons of sets that I never knew existed.  Today's set is the 1989 Score Hottest 100 Stars (not to be confused with the 100 Rising Stars set also released by Score that year) is one such "new to me" set.  In fact, I had no idea what set this card was from when I started writing the post - thank goodness for internet search engines to help me out!  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find much information about the set itself - how did one purchase these cards?  Packs?  Factory sets?  I have no idea.

I do know, however, that I have no plans to go out and try and purchase the set seeing as how it's quite ugly.  I'm certainly content to have only the Larkin card - the rest of the set can stay in someone else's basement!  The front of the card features an alright picture of Larkin but you'll never see it because your eye is instantly drawn to the yellow and green Dorito chip that's holding the "B" in Barry's first name.  The back of the card features a small write-up (in a too large font) along with a photo with a weird shadow evident.

As a player collector, I know that not every Larkin card will be a masterpiece - but this one is extra bad!  Even so, it gets a spot in my Barry Larkin binder - the most treasured of all my baseball card binders mind you!

Comments