Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from a Junkie.

Now that the worst of the semester is finally over (all I need to do now is proctor and then grade final exams), it's time to clear off my desk full of trade packages.  This particular package is fairly new - it's from Dayf over at Cardboard Junkie and arrived within the last week or so.

Dayf helped me out with a few different sets - one was quite new (2013):

Yep, another One Little Corner card - the last one missing from my binder if I'm not mistaken.  I'll be sure to feature the entire One Little Corner in my Complete Set Chronicles series (a series that I have only managed to add a single post to in 2013).  I actually sort of forgot about the CSC...I'll try to do better in the near future.

Next up, some older cards.

These are those pesky diamond sparkly parallels from 2011 (back when this was a new, novel idea from Topps).  At the time, I thought having a full set of these would be pretty cool - if I had known it'd be 2013 and I still wouldn't be done, I might have reconsidered.  The good news is that I am getting closer to finishing off the 2011 Topps set - there's only one more Topps Town card that I'm missingg in addition to the Diamond parallels.  You'd think it wouldn't be so difficult given how many 2011 Topps packs seem to live in repack boxes these days!

Continuing with 2011 Topps, Dayf also threw in this Mike Leake Wal*Mart black parallel.

It's a pretty snazzy looking card - it sort of looks like Leake is pitching in a dark stadium!

We end with an assortment of Reds' sent my way - of the non-Larkins, my favorite was this SP Authentic card of Reggie Sanders.  I don't think I've ever seen a card from this particular set before!

Finally, a few Larkins - each of which will get its own chance to shine in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection series (a series that I'm proud to report that I have done a pretty good job of updating this year).

Thanks for the trade Dayf - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!


Comments