Featured Post

My Cardboard Mistress: The Threesome of Trade Posts is Complete!

It's time to dip back into the trade envelope from My Cardboard Mistress.  If you missed it, I've already published part 1 and part 2 of the trade.  Now, it's time for part 3 - the final part of the trade!

The first two parts of the trade were all box toppers from this year's Allen & Ginter's set.  Now, let's take a look at the other goodies that Adam sent me.

First up, some of the regular sized inserts.

Adam sent me the last two Civilizations of Ages Past cards that I needed.

Of the two, I think I like the image for the Mesopotamians card a bit better.  On the other hand, the description for the Hittites is much more amusing since it contains this little gem:  the Hittites kingdom "grew for 800-900 years despite the fact that they were almost constantly riding their chariots into battle, often against the Egyptians."

Nothing like a bunch of old-school war mongers, right?

Adam also helped me complete my One Little Corner set from this year's edition of Ginter.

I think the One Little Corner set wins the award for my favorite insert set of the year (though the Gallery of Heroes cards from Topps Archives this year are really, really nice too).

So far, Adam helped me out with a bunch of box toppers plus he completed two of my regular sized insert sets.

Could there be even more goodies in the trade package?

Of course!

Next up - some Reds minis.

I decided I would NOT go after any of the mini parallel sets in full.  Instead, I hope to use my wealth of available 2013 Ginter cards to procure just the Reds minis from the three "easy" mini sets (regular, A&G back, and black border).  Adam helped me out quite a bit with this haul but I still need a lot of Reds minis!

Finally, Adam also was able to pick at some of the other mini insert sets that I'm still working on.

First up, one of the final two Codes, Ciphers, & Cryptographs that I needed:  The Dorabella Cipher.

At this point, I am now only missing the Beale Ciphers card and I'll have this insert set complete as well.  That's exciting for me since I love Ginter stuff - AND I'd love to be able to remove some more sets from my expansive want list.

Next, an Inquiring Minds card of Rene Descartes.

I love this card since I'm a mathematician just like Descartes (the key difference being he was incredibly skilled at mathematics while I am not...).  Descartes is known for the line "I think, therefore I am" which you've probably heard before.  There's also an interesting story about him and the Folium of Descartes but this isn't the proper venue for such a tale.

The final three cards of the (awesome) trade with Adam consisted of three Peacemakers cards.

For some reason, the Peacemakers have been been hard to come by for me.  It's only a ten card set (and all the mini cards were seeded at the same ratio) so you'd expect a 10 card set to be much easier to complete than a 20+ card set (such as Heavy Hangs the Head).  Nonetheless, I'm finally within striking distance - in fact, thanks to Mandella, Addams, and Tubman now safely tucked into my binder, I'm only in need of one more Peacemaker for the set (Gandhi).

Thanks for the great trade Adam - and for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment