Featured Post

'95 UD Collector's Choice: Pulling a Redemption from a 1995 Product?! Woah!

Happy Friday!  Today marks the final day of the first week of the semester for me.  I'm teaching four classes this semester (which is considered an overload since my institution uses a 4 credit per class system).  Because of that, I can't promise that I'll maintain my 2 pack per day schedule all semester, but I'll keep it going as long as I can!

Note:  I was going to open up two packs this morning - but after getting through the first pack I decided there was no way a second pack could live up to this.  I've never pulled a redemption card from a mid-90s product...nor do I ever pull "winning" cards.  To get one of each in the same pack...well, that's something that deserves to be enjoyed without other packs sullying up the joint.

Pack 3:
5.  Alex Rodriguez

Kind of a cool card of a guy generally regarded as a total a-hole.
183.  Mike Fetters

I just liked this picture for some reason.
241.  Joey Eischen
355.  Trevor Hoffman
452.  Jeff Granger
455.  Jeff Montgomery
Silver Sig:  31.  Jim Pittsley - Royals
Silver Sig:  530.  Checklist:  Fred McGriff - Braves

CG11.  You Crash the Game:  Ryan Klesko - Braves
My scanner gets static-y and then my cards slide all over.  There's probably a way to avoid that but I don't know how.

The silver You Crash the Game cards are seeded 1:5 packs.  According to baseballcardpedia, this card would have been a winner!  How about that?  Had I mailed the card in back in 1995, I would have received back a "really cool 20 card "You Crash the Game" card set."  Their words, not mine folks.

But the luck of the pack didn't end there...

TC5.  Fernando Valenzuela - Phillies

Back in the day, you could mail in one of these specially inserted (no odds given) redemption cards in order to get specific update cards.  This particular card gives you update cards 575 - 585.  There are only five different redemption cards in the set with the Valenzuela being the fifth and final one.

What a fun little pack - even if I can't mail in either card now.


Comments

  1. I recently busted this same box. I think the redemptions were a device for keeping the set as a single series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I wonder how many people sent those cards in? Did you get that card back? I wonder if that puts a premium on those cards? I know that Topps did something similar back in 2006 or 2007 it had a All Star game contest and the entry cards featured players and were serial numbered, but you had to set the card in to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never sent any of mine in. I assume they're worthless.

    Chris, if you pull a gold signature Griffey card, remember your old pal T.J.!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment