Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 278: 2003 Playoff Prestige - #C-20 - Dual Relic (with Adam Dunn) #/400

Barry Larkin and Adam Dunn
Year:  2003
Brand:  Playoff Prestige
Insert set:  Connections
Card number:  C-20  #ed 008/400



I don't often buy cards off of eBay but when I saw this card I knew I wanted to add it to my collection.  Unfortunately, when the card arrived it somehow ended up with a crease running through the bottom right corner (basically across Larkin's portion of the card).  The crease did not show up in the seller's scan on eBay...  Ignoring the crease (and what choice do I have), the card itself is quite nice.  

Update (11/6/2021):  I found a new copy of this card for my collection thanks to a recent group break!  The creased card wasn't that bad (and honestly, I wouldn't have bothered to replace it except for the fact that I ended up with a more pristine copy out of a group break).  

I don't own many dual relics so this will be a great addition to my Barry Larkin Collection.  The front features a piece of jersey (presumably) from Adam Dunn and a piece of bat (presumable) from Barry Larkin.  You also get a pair of small photos of each player - and a team logo that's just about two sizes too small!

The back of the card features a small blurb about the relics in the card.  Adam Dunn's jersey is actually from a spring training game while Larkin's bat was used in a "real" Major League Baseball game.  The card is serially numbered out of 400 so there aren't a whole lot of these floating around (and happily, one of them is now tucked away in my collection)!

Comments