Featured Post

Delivery Time! The Angels, In Order Orders Up Some Reds for Me!

I've made a couple of mentions on the blog lately that I'm getting all caught up in both scanning trades that I have arrived and sending out cards for my end of various trades.  In an effort to keep that positive momentum going, let's check out another trade package - this one courtesy of Tom over at The Angels, In Order.

Tom's trade included a note that said "we haven't traded in awhile, hope you can use these."

I love things like that!  A surprise package full of cards for me - how can you go wrong?  Even better for Tom, hopefully by the time this post actually goes live on my blog he will have gotten my return package full of random Angels' cards for him!

Now, let's take a peek at a few of the goodies Tom sent my way.  And since his blog is called The Angels, in Order, I need to apply some sort of order to the cards he sent my way.  What better thing to do than a mini countdown?

How about my Top 5 cards from the trade (in reverse order of course):

#5:  Aroldis Chapman

The Reds' season has been a waste this year with many (if not most) of their best players spending substantial time on the disabled list.  Of course, no Reds' player was hit as hard by injuries (pun intended) as Chapman...  Poor Chapman took a nasty line drive right off his face during spring training.  He had to have stitches and a metal plate put in his head - and amazingly, he's back on the mound still throwing about as hard as ever.  There's no way I could get back out there after having that happen to me...

#4:  Todd Frazier

Frazier's performance in the recent Home Run Derby might not have been the prettiest thing you've ever seen, but you do have to give him credit for making it to the finals.  For what it's worth, Frazier seems like a pretty cool guy and I liked that he had his brother throw to him during the derby.

#3:  Billy Hamilton

Although the Reds' performance as a whole has been disappointing to me this year, one player has stood out as a positive surprise:  Billy Hamilton.  I knew Hamilton's speed would be good, but he's turned into a fine young player with a decent average, lots of stolen bases, and pretty darn good defense too.

#2:  Mat Latos

The blue sparkly is pretty.  Much more so than most colors - even if it makes a Reds' blue sparkly card look like it's printed solely for the 4th of July celebration.

#1:  Tony Cingrani

Cingrani has been a major disappointment this year for Cincinnati.  That said, I'll still cherish a chrome refractor rookie card of his (even if it is Bowman).

Thanks for the great cards Tom - but there's more.

Apparently Tom wanted to have a little fun at my expense and he included two more kicks in the gut for me.

Yeah, a Franchise Forerunners card of some freakin' Cardinals.

And another Shelby Miller card...

Needless to say, I won't be keeping the two St. Louis' cards, but the Reds' cards certainly have found a good home!  If anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments