Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 313: 1993 Upper Deck SP - #15

Barry Larkin
Year:  1993
Brand:  Upper Deck SP
Card number:  15

The 1993 Upper Deck SP set was another set that eluded me as a kid.  As such, my first exposure to the set was when I acquired this particular Barry Larkin card.  Based on my extremely small sample size, I would say that Upper Deck had a solid design idea for the set!  The front features an easy to read name plate (complete with position) and team specific colored squares in the upper left corner.  I could do without the gaudy foil Upper Deck logo but otherwise the front of the card is quire nice.  The back features most of the same components (just moved around) plus a second photograph.  As usual, Upper Deck did NOT include full career statistics but again, it's a minor quibble.  All things considered, this is probably one of the better 1993 Barry Larkin cards!

Comments