Featured Post

Delivery Time! A PWE from Everyone's Favorite Mark!

Over the past week or so, I've seen a plethora of posts on various baseball card blogs detailing PWEs that have arrived from the one and only Mark H.

Happily for me, I was also part of Mark's single-handed attempt to keep the United States Postal Service in business for 2015!  Like many of you, I too received some of the 1986 extra big Donruss cards, though my cards are cooler than yours because mine are Cincinnati Reds...

The first was of Dave Parker - a guy who I don't really think about much whenever I think of previous Reds.

The second card is of a guy I definitely think of as a Red:  Pete Rose!

I love getting Pete Rose cards...even if my personal feelings on the man Rose have soured over the past few years.

Mark also threw in a couple of other Reds for me including an Adam Dunn Allen & Ginter's card.

I have the full 2007 Ginter set but I love the design enough to show off a random base card once again!

Finally, what was probably the highlight of the PWE for me was this Eric Davis stand-up card from 1987.

I'm a sucker for interesting cards like this - probably explains my irrational love of UD Collector's Choice!  I don't think I'll actually be "damaging" the card to punch it out and make it stand up...but I love the idea that I could do that if I wanted to.  Who knows, maybe in a moment of weakness at some point I'll free Davis from the confines of his flat cardboard prison!

Thanks again Mark for the fun PWE!  And for anyone else, if you'd like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments