Featured Post

New Year's Blogging Resolutions for Nachos Grande

For the past several years (including 2014) I have created a list of New Year's Resolutions for my blog.  At this point in the new year, everyone (and their mother) has seemingly posted their newest resolutions as well as a look back at how they did on their own 2014 plans.  I beat everyone to the punch though by posting my look back at my own 2014 resolutions back on November 21.  That's right, I didn't need that last month of the year...  ... ...  or at least I knew it was highly unlikely I'd accomplish much else on my list of goals with all the holidays and happenings in December!

So that leads me to 2015.

It's January 10, 2015 which means I've had a good ten days to make some sort of decision.  For the purposes of my blog, I know I want to continue to trade.  I want to continue to write posts.  I want to continue to grow my blog.  I want to continue my Barry Larkin collection.  And, most importantly, I want to continue to have fun.

What I don't want to continue?

I think this year I'll avoid setting any specific goals.  I want to do what feels fun at the time - and if that means I don't post twice a day for a day...or even if I don't post at all, then that's what I want to do.  I no longer what to feel like I have to post every day.  I no longer want to feel like I have to do anything, actually.  This hobby should be fun - and the moment it stops being fun is the moment I'm stepping away.

Luckily, I'm having the time of my life.

Sure, trading hasn't been as brisk as some years - but that's a trend that's been happening on my blog for some time.  According to my trade counters, in 2010 I complete 122 trades.  I upped that total to 166 trades in 2011 then it dropped to 107 in 2012.  All of those totals are quite respectable I believe!

Unfortunately, the past two years have seen a heavy decline in trades.  2013 saw me mail off 83 trade envelopes while 2014 only required me to make 69 trips* to the post office.

*ok, some days I probably sent out more than one trade but how many different ways are there to reword that phrase?!

For 2015, I've decided to simply be happy if anyone trades with me!  I'll still keep track of my total number of trades because I'm a math guy and I can't help myself...but I will no longer attach a number or goal to that counter.

No, this is the year of freedom, flexibility, and pure fun!

Personally, I can't wait.

(now go check out my want list)

Comments