Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

2015 Topps Jumbo Case Group Break: Box #2: Pack-by-Pack (Packs 8 - 10 w/ HUGE Hit!)

It's time to finish off the scans for the second box in the group break.  As you may have seen in the video from a couple of days ago, we landed a huge hit at the end of this box!

Box 2:
Pack 8:

A Jack White First Pitch card (Tigers) may be a highlight for a lot of people but not for me.  No, I chose to scan the Roberto Clemente (Pirates) Gallery of Greats card since that is my favorite insert set in 2015 Topps Series 1!  If I do ever decide to collect any of the insert sets, this will be choice #1 for me...so if you have any you don't want, let me know!!

Pack 9:

We had six more inserts in Pack 9 including two parallels.  One was a Mike Napoli (Red Sox) rainbow foil while the other was the Kennys Vargas gold parallel scanned above.  The Vargas is numbered 0993/2015.

Pack 9 also had a nice Inspired Play card featuring Ken Griffey Jr.  I'm a sucker for almost all Griffey Jr. cards so this one's a great one in my book (even with Cano cluttering it up).

Pack 10:

I've mentioned it a couple of times but by and large it's the horizontal cards in the set which hold the best images.  As an example, I like the Jose Bautista (Blue Jays) card a lot despite its simplicity.  Sometimes, with the right framing, even a home run trot can provide a cool image!

Finally, we get to our big hit (not counting the Anthony Rizzo (Cubs) rainbow foil parallel) of the pack.

That's a Birth Year Coin and Stamp Card featuring David Wright of the New York Mets.  The card is numbered 35/50 on the front and it's gorgeous!!  It's also a rare card - the penny coin/stamp cards are seeded 1:236 jumbo packs!!  That's basically one such card per four jumbo cases.  Wowsers!

As of the time of my writing this post, I have opened up exactly three of the six boxes.  Given the awesome David Wright stamp/coin card...plus all the other hits to date, I would already categorize this group break as a massive success.

Let's hope the second half of the break provides some more cool stuff for other group break participants!

Comments

  1. That David Wright card is very cool First I've ever seen of those types.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying the videos and posted case break updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool hit. I guess there are variations on those too, featuring nickles, dimes, and quarters too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment