Featured Post

A HUGE Ginter Trade w/ Matt: Part II: The Things that Go On in My Head (Marco.... Polo.... Marco.... Polo......)

Monday morning I showed off the first part of a huge Allen & Ginter trade courtesy of blog reader Matt.  Today, it's time to take a look at the second part of the swap.

We begin with a handful of regular back minis from the 2012 set.

For some unknown reason, I decided it would be a fun idea to try and complete the 2012 regular back mini set...of course that's a tough thing to do so I'm still missing quite a few.  Though, if I'm being honest, I'm not missing nearly as many as I thought I was before I consulted my own want list!
2012 Allen & Ginter's Regular Back Minis Wants:  29, 34, 39, 45, 96, 97, 108, 131, 135, 156, 171, 181, 182, 189, 195, 197, 199, 203, 220, 245, 262, 288, 289, 295, 299, 322, 326, 336
Moving on to 2013, but sticking with minis, Matt sent along a few of the pint-sized inserts that I needed including an Inquiring Minds card of Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.

Hegel, as we all know, was a German idealist...and his card back says it was Hegel's ideas that Marx built on in his shaping of communist ideologies.  Probably not the best set of ideologies to have based on your life's work but then again, Hegel's on a (official) Allen & Ginter's card and I'm not.

I should note that I'm now only missing a single mini from the Inquiring Minds set:  IM-JPS Jean-Paul Sartre.  If you have good old Sartre, I'd love to work out a swap!

Continuing chronologically, Matt sent a trio of cards from the 2014 Allen & Ginter's mini set called Into the Unknown.

I had really wanted to simply plaster this post with pictures of Marco Polo with a caption "Marco" or "Polo" everywhere but alas I didn't think that joke would be well received.  It was funny in my head though...which probably tells you everything you need to know about what goes on inside my head while I write card posts.

Finally, we end today's post with one final mini - this time all the back from the year 2009.

Much like with 2012, I decided back in 2009 that I would also complete the full mini set that year.  Again, I can't say why I decided that but it's too late to stop now.  Especially now - thanks to Mr. J.J. Hardy, I am now only missing SIX regular back minis from the full set (cards 1 -350, I never try for the extended minis).
2009 Allen & Ginter's Regular Back Minis Wants: 134, 159, 176, 205, 277, 307

Many thanks for the mini cards this time around Matt!  There are still plenty more goodies to show off including a bunch more minis, some relics, an autograph, and even more box toppers!  As I said, this was a HUGE trade that I'm loving every minute of!

Comments