Featured Post

Chavez Ravining Rains Reds!

Depending on your profession, there are probably certain times of the year that are generally the busiest for you at your job.  For educators, the end of the school year is always a mad rush - it can often feel like you are drowning in a sea of papers, meetings, and other obligations...and with that drowning feeling comes very little time to do "fun" stuff (like blogging about cards).  The college where I work has exactly one week of classes remaining after this week and then final exams...and so it's been a mad house for sure!

While the previous paragraph probably garnered me a bit of pity from most of you, there's still no excuse for how long it took me to get around to posting about a package of cards that Alex from Chavez Ravining sent me back in mid-February.

You see, Alex hit up my want list by sending me a few cards from two sets that have been lurking on my want list for quite some time:  2013 Topps Chrome and 2014 Topps Heritage.

Alex sent along four Chrome cards but my scanner can only fit three in a row so poor Cliff Lee gets left out.  That's probably just as well because all signs point to the Phillies as being a totally forgettable team this year anyhow!

In addition to the Chrome cards, Alex helped me out big time by sending along a few 2014 Topps Heritage short prints.  I think I will resolve to not collect another year's worth of Topps Heritage until I finish one of the many years that I'm still working on (including 2014, 2011, 2009, and 2008).  It was only a few weeks ago that I managed to finish off the 2007 Heritage set!!

Anyhow, whenever I can acquire even a single Heritage short print I'm happy - but Alex blew that simple notion out of the water by sending me SIX different short prints for my set!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Finally, as if the above cards weren't enough, Alex also threw in a few Reds.  My favorite of the bunch was an easy choice:  A gold parallel of Billy Hamilton.

Love it!

Many thanks for the cards Alex - and I'm pleased to report that I finally was able to track down the card you asked about way back when.  It should be in the mail (or perhaps even in your mailbox) by the time you read this post.

As for anyone else, feel free to check out my want list and make an offer if you'd like to see if I can get a trade post written about your swap in under two months!

Comments

  1. Well, the card was certainly in my mailbox by the time I got around to reading this post! Thanks again, and I'm glad you enjoyed the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment