Featured Post

Delivery Time! PWE Love: David from Alaska Edition!

I mentioned a couple of days ago that I received a pair of trade packages from the great state of Alaska.  At least, I assume the state is great - I've never actually been there...one of a handful of US States that I've yet to visit.

Anyhow, today's package is a PWE courtesy of David.  David dropped a trio of cards in the mail for me including a Billy Hamilton sticker from Topps.

I like the Topps' stickers much better than Panini's offering since you get actual team logos!

Next, one of the mini cards - this time a gold parallel.

I didn't bother going after any of the Topps Mini cards last year - I guess I wasn't interested enough in the flagship design to chase what is basically a hard-to-find parallel of the flagship set.  That said, it's pretty cool to get a gold parallel - and this one is numbered 56/63 on the back!

If memory serves (and it probably doesn't), you had to buy the Topps Minis card directly from Topps...probably why they are a pretty rare find in trade packages (and why the gold parallels are only numbered out of 63)!

Finally, the big "catch" of the envelope...

Woo!  That's some awesome vintage right there - and easily my favorite card of the bunch.  I only wish the Reds had a similarly formidable group of hitters for the 2015 season!

Thanks for the fun PWE David!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade be sure to check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. sweet Reds vintage! Trading cards = reason enough to keep the postal service operating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Heavy Artillery cards is SWEEEET! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment