Featured Post

Delivery Time! All Cardinals All the Time Gives Me All Good Stuff!

I like to think of myself as a rather creative individual but the truth is that I'm not all that creative (at least not consistently) when it comes to this blog.  I have a few things that I turn to time and time again (such as my Barry Larkin Collection series of posts).  I also have a few things that I started during a moment of creativity that I now trot out fairly often (my Trade Stacks come to mind).  And then there's the third option that makes a consistent appearance on my blog:  the "thank you" post for a recent trade.

I do believe that everyone who sends me cards deserves to be acknowledged - whether they send me a single card I want or a flat rate box full of cards.  I truly do appreciate each and every card - and I know I like to read what other people say about stuff I send them!

Do unto others or something like that I guess.

Anyhow, therein lies the problem.

I find it incredibly difficult to be consistently creative with trade posts.  In fact, I think it's difficult to even be occasionally creative with trade posts!  Since I fully acknowledge that, I will do my best to come up with something creative to talk about each of the scans in today's trade post...and my feeble attempts will surely serve as proof as to how much difficulty I have being creative!

First, let me begin by saying a giant THANK YOU to Ray over at All Cardinals All the Time.

The Lee Stevens card above is from the 2000 Topps Stadium Club set.  I love Stadium Club - and seeing this card makes me wonder what my favorite five brands are of all time...surely Stadium Club makes the list - and Allen & Ginter's is a no brainer.  But what else?

Off the top of my head, I'd say the order would go:
1.  Allen & Ginter's
2.  Stadium Club
3.  Collector's Choice
4.  Topps Heritage
5.  Topps Archives

Others up for consideration:  Fleer Ultra, Pacific flagship, Fleer Tradition

Actually, Fleer Tradition might deserve one of those top five spots...that's a harder task than I thought it would be!

The Upper Deck Vintage line was basically Upper Deck's attempt to hone in on the nostalgic Topps' market.  I like the crisp colors of the 2001 Vintage set but I can safely say that overall the Vintage line wouldn't crack my Top 5...or probably even my Top 10.  That said, I am collecting the entire 2001 set so the eleven cards that Ray sent my way were all much appreciated.

We end today's post with a trio of Barry Larkin cards.  Note the Fleer Tradition Larkin lurking in the middle of the scan.  Blog post synergy!

Ray actually sent about ten more than what I showed above...but I can't take away all the mystery for my future Barry Larkin Collection posts!

Many thanks for the great cards Ray!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade and then watch me struggle to concoct a decent "thank you" post, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Hey love the list. These are on list of favs but I am good to also add Leaf Certified and Leaf Certified Materials, Topps Finest (not the new issues), Topps Pristine, and the later Pacific sets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment