Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 398: 1997 Pinnacle - #109

Barry Larkin
Year:  1997
Brand:  Pinnacle
Card number:  109

The 1997 Pinnacle set is most definitely not a favorite of mine.  I never cards for the gigantic gold foil blob on the front of the card...and I find the back design to be difficult to read as well.  The one "cool" thing about the card is the wood-burned logo on the bat on the back of the card - I like that because it's unique.

The 1997 Pinnacle set has two other Barry Larkin cards in it (neither of which I own as of the time I wrote this post).  Both cards are parallels of this base card - the first being a Museum Collection parallel while the other is a Artist's Proof parallel.  Barry Larkin's Artist Proof parallel is of the silver variety (rarer than the bronze but more common than the gold parallels).  Maybe I'll track those two cards down at some point so that I can put this set to bed.

Comments