Featured Post

Delivery Time! Spoils from my Latest Trade Stack!

This week marks two weeks until the end of the semester.  More precisely, there are two weeks (counting this week) of classes and then a week's worth of finals.  For whatever reason, the second-to-last week of school is always the busiest time of the year for me - I think that's because there are still lessons to be planned, papers to grade, and exams to write (including final exams), but also because there are tons of end-of-year celebrations that take up a lot of time as well.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't expect much in the way of greatness on my blog this week...in fact, I'll probably be lucky to post on a daily basis!

All that said, I do have a proper post today thanks to a recent PWE that arrived courtesy of Steve who claimed Trade Stack #69.  As with all my trade stacks, all I ask in return is at least one card off of my want list.  Steve obliged by sending me a Ray Lankford card that I needed from 1999 Fleer Sports Illustrated.

I'm not much of a fan of getting Cardinals in the mail...but at least this one has a Reds' cameo by Eddie Taubensee.  The real value of the card though is that I'm now one card closer to completing the set...and that makes me happy!

Steve also padded the PWE with a bonus card for me:

That's Skip Schumaker - a guy Reds' fans mockingly referred to as a "gritty player" because he couldn't actually do much good for the team (besides supposedly providing intangibles in the clubhouse).

Many thanks for the quick and easy trade, Steve!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. And thanks for the stack! Wish I had more to send your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment