Featured Post

Tribe Cards Delivers: Pack a Day Spoils (Part I)

Over at Tribe Cards, David has hosted (and continues to host) a pack-a-day series where he opens up at least one pack of cards during every day of the MLB season.  Even more impressive, he then coordinates a draft system of sorts - and then mails out the cards to all participants!

As someone who has hosted his share of group breaks, I know how much of a pain packing and shipping can be...and I never have more than 30 slots to pack up.  David probably has many more since in years past you drafted by player rather than by team!  That's insane - and I can't imagine trying to keep track of it all!

No matter, David is a man who knows what he is doing...and a couple of weeks ago I ended up getting a big 'ol envelope in the mail from him which held a bunch of cards from Pack a Day's pasts (along with some of this year's loot).

Here are some of my favorites:

We begin our tour through the stack with an ex-Red, Todd Frazier.

Frazier is currently in a pretty bad slump for the White Sox, but he still has a ton of homers (and I should know since I have him on my fantasy team).  As for the card, it's an awesome picture that simply screams summertime to me!  The blue sky, white clouds, and general cheery red of the ballpark all makes for a great looking card!

Next, a trio of cards from 2014 Allen & Ginter.

One of the great things about David's giveaway is that he sometimes opens up packs from sets that I'm trying to collect...and once in awhile he ends up finding a card that I need for my set.  I always try to draft those cards when they come up - the Urban Fauna of Mephitis Mephitis (striped skunk) is an example of such a card that I needed for my set.  For that matter, I needed the Sandro Botticelli card as well!  Other times, I draft a card that I needed at the time (Socotra Archipelago) but then later acquire via other means...  No real harm though, just some trade bait for me!

I'll end today's post with a card of a player that I don't collect...but I like the card anyhow:

That's Brian Giles on a 2006 Topps Bazooka card.  I may end up trying to complete the Bazooka set, so I was happy to draft Giles knowing that I'd get his Bazooka card (I think I also ended up with one other less noteworthy Giles card as well).

I'll have part 2 of my spoils from David's giveaway in a future post - and that will include a pair of relics that I landed (plus a really nice framed Ken Griffey Jr. card)!  Stay tuned for that - and be sure to check out David's blog for all the fun!

Comments

  1. Wahoo!! So glad you got the cards and happy to see you got some you needed! As for knowing what I'm doing...well, let's just say there's a lot of improv over here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment