Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 474: 1998 Metal Universe - #190

Barry Larkin
Year:  1998
Brand:  Metal Universe
Card number:  190

I am currently working on the 1997 Metal Universe set so I obviously have a soft spot in my heart for this brand.  Unfortunately, I think the Metal Universe brand had its high point in 1997 - for me, '98 was a clear step backwards (compare this Larkin to the 1997 version).  It should be noted that the front of the 1998 Larkin looks much better in person as opposed to the scan however!

In terms of the Larkin card, I think the backside of the card is the weakest part.  I'm not a big fan of the bright yellow and green - nor do I like the crazy mix of fonts.  I do like the atomic looking card number design though - that might be the only atomic card number design in any baseball card set!

Comments