Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 497: 1999 Bowman's Best - #34

Barry Larkin
Year: 1999
Brand:  Bowman's Best
Card number:  34

For me, the name "Bowman's Best" seems sort of ironic in that implies that Bowman actually has a best.  Speaking frankly, if this is truly the best that Bowman can offer, then I think my original point holds true.

The front of this card has way too much foil - and there is never a good reason to have two different fonts going on for the player's name.  Even worse, one of the fonts is a script while the other is all caps.  Hate hate hate.

The back of the card isn't much better, though I will admit that I'm not sure if I have ever seen a statistical breakdown for a batter based on the ERA of the opposing pitcher.  One would think that the worse the pitcher's ERA, the better a batter would do against that pitcher (and that seems to not be exactly true for Barry)!

Alright, so the card isn't all bad...but it isn't anything worthy of the title "best."  Bowman got a bit pretentious with this release, that's all I'm saying.

Comments