Featured Post

Check Out My Cards: Want List Destruction (Part 1)

Last week, I made another order from Check Out My Cards.  My goal for the order was to spend a bit  (not a lot) of money and knock off as many cards as I could from my want list.  I did quite well on that front, after shipping I spent under $2 per card (for a total of 37 different cards).

I'll start with the single most expensive card that I bought:

That's a Justin Verlander short print from the 2011 Topps Heritage set.  It cost me almost five bucks (which was way more than I was looking to spend per card).  However, I pulled the proverbial trigger because it was the final card that I needed for my '11 Heritage set.  You better believe that was (almost) five dollars well spent...I finally completed one of the many Heritage sets on my want list!

I also tracked down the final card that I needed for my 2015 Allen & Ginter Keys to the City set.

For whatever reason, the Space Needle card eluded for me two years...and frankly I was sick of seeing that single card take up so much space on my want list.  By acquiring the Space Needle card I have now completed all of the full-sized inserts from the '15 A&G set.

Going back to 2012, I was able to knock off an entire line from my want list there as well with the acquisition of a single card.

That's a Roberto Clemente reprint card - and it was the last of the reprints that I needed for that set.

The final card for today's COMC post is one of the Celestial Stars inserts from 2010 Allen & Ginter.

Unfortunately for me, the Howard didn't complete that set.  In fact, I am still missing six cards from that set after buying the Howard.  Still, each card acquired means I'm one card closer to getting to delete the set off my want list (which is a great feeling).

I have 33 more cards from the COMC order to show off, though they aren't all going to finish off sets for me (or be quite as exciting as some of the highlights from this post).  Still, it was nice to take a sizable chunk out of my want list, especially since trading options have seemingly dried up this year on the blog!

Comments

  1. COMC has been such a huge boost to my wantlists - don't know how I ever collected without it. The Space Needle card is very cool. And I know all about shelling out a few bucks for Heritage SPs. Congrats on completing the 2011 set!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment