Featured Post

The Last of 2018 Topps (Series 1) that I'm Buying!

I had the most amazing experience buying Topps Series 1 cards this year.  I opted to go with the hanger packs - and given the two final hangers that I bought for today's post I ended up purchasing a total of five hanger boxes.

No big deal, right?

Wrong!  The big deal is that in those five hanger boxes I received exactly ZERO base card duplicates!  For a set collector, that's a dream come true.  Thanks to my amazing luck (or perhaps because I was able to grab all five hanger packs out of the same "master box" in the retail aisle), I'm almost done with Series 1.  In fact, I'm now close enough that I've updated my want list with the few remaining cards that I need...
2018 Topps wants: Base:  20, 21, 23, 33, 36, 42, 44, 63, 65, 73, 83, 86, 96, 117, 119, 140, 150, 163, 167, 192, 195, 198, 258, 270, 277, 290, 302, 303, 311, 314, 316, 318, 323
While getting the base cards was the goal for me, even a jaded collector like myself (just kidding) gets at least a little excited at the prospect of pulling something cool from the insert portion of the pack.

The first hanger pack was actually quite a dud in terms of the inserts (at least as far as interesting cards to me).  The only "highlight" if you will was a foil rainbow parallel of Brian Anderson.

Of course, it would figure that my parallel was of a Marlin. 

The second hanger pack wasn't much better in terms of inserts...though I did get a gold parallel of Jed Lowrie which was nice enough.

The gold parallels look good with the Athletics' colors, don't you think?

Nothing else of note really, but I have no complaints.  What an amazing run of base cards (and even more proof perhaps that you should definitely buy Series 1 for the base, but not the inserts or "sick hits.")



Comments

  1. There are "sick hits" in Series 1?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hits made me sick... but I don't think that's what you meant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment