Featured Post

Theme Week: COMC week!

At the very end of last year (December 28th I believe), I placed an order with Check Out My Cards.  Over the span of this week, I am finally ready to show off my purchases.  How many sets am I going to be able to finish?  Any?  One?  Two?  Three hundred? 

While I can assure you it won't be three hundred sets, I did do some nice damage to my want list...all for about the cost of three blasters.  I picked up cards from three different master sets - within that there is a nice mix of base cards and inserts.  Hopefully you'll enjoy my run through the cards over the course of the week!

There's no better place to start COMC week than with some mini cards.  More specifically, minis from the 2017 Topps Allen & Ginter set.  I basically went through COMC's website and grabbed as many of the inexpensive minis that I needed that I could find from 2017.  For starters, I picked up five of the nine cards that I still needed from the Bust a Move mini set.

This set is kind of fun in that the back of each card gives you the dance steps for the move on the card front.  I have never been able to dance...so reading dance moves certainly won't help me any, but it is still a cool execution of card concept by Topps. 

Next up, two constellation mini cards (the fronts of the constellation cards have glow-in-the-dark printing of the constellations...they look plain white when scanned however). 

I only grabbed two of these (I still five more), not so much because they were expensive but rather because I find this insert set the least interesting of the ones I'm still working on collecting.  Oh sure, I'll eventually (hopefully) finish it off...but it doesn't display well in a binder page so it's kind of tough for me to motivate myself to spend actual money on the Constellation cards.  I spent a total of $1.70 on the two cards you see here...and even that felt like I was forking over too much cash!

That brings me to the final insert set from 2017 Allen & Ginter that I was able to work on:  Magicians & Illusionists.

I ended up buying all nine of the cards that I was missing from this set...which means, hooray - a finished set at last!

That's it for today's edition of COMC week - but keep coming back all week as there are plenty more cool cards yet to come (no more mini sized cards either for all of you fans of "regular sized" cards).  As for 2017 Allen & Ginter, I still need a ton more from the set....so if you have any of the following available for trade, please let me know!
2017 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:Base:  160
What a Day:  WAD- 2, 9, 11, 16, 17, 22, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30, 33, 34, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 44, 45, 48, 50, 53, 54, 55, 57, 63, 73, 75, 77, 78, 83, 90, 94
Minis:Bust a Move:  BAM- 3, 5, 8, 9
Constellations:  C- 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
Horse in the Race:  HR- 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24
Required Reading:  RR- 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 11, 13, 15
World's Dudes:  WD- 2, 5, 12, 25, 27, 37, 39, 43

See you again soon for more COMC goodies!

Comments

  1. Ha, you and your contempt for glow in the dark cards. I love those Constellation minis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. defgav: I think if they are done right they can be cool. These are boring as all get out to look at (from the front at least). Nothing but white.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment