Featured Post

Another one of the "big" 2010 A&G Ginter relics acquired!

The 2010 A&G relic set has a number of fairly high priced relics in it.  I got lucky back when I bought 2010 Ginter in that I landed a number of them from packs (part of what made me decide to go after the entire set in the first place).  That said, I didn't get all of the expensive cards but now I've managed to track one more down for my set for a decent price.

That's David Blaine who along with Drew Brees was probably one of the two highest priced cards that I was missing.  I won the Blaine in an auction from the same guy that sold me the Shawn Johnson card that I showed off last week (also from the 2010 A&G relic set).  I have to say, I love the playing card bit in this relic, it makes for an instantly recognizable piece of memorabilia and it works great for a magician like Blaine.  Good stuff - and a nice change of pace compared to the usual bits of cloth or wood pieces.

After languishing on my want list for a decade, it's amazing how much progress I've suddenly made on the relic set over the past month or so.  In fact, I'm now down to needing only the following 14 relics:

  • AGA.  Anthony Gatto
  • AJ.  Avery Jenkins
  • DBR.  Drew Brees
  • DH.  Dan Haren
  • DU.  Dan Uggla
  • DW.  David Wright
  • KF.  Kosuke Fukudome
  • LB.  Lance Berkman
  • MM.  Marvin Miller
  • NF.  Neftali Feliz
  • PP.  Preston Pittman
  • RH.  Ryan Howard (bat only)
  • TH. Tony Hawk
  • YG.  Yovani Gallardo

Like I mentioned earlier, I still have a couple of higher value relics to track down including that Drew Brees and the Tony Hawk (which seems to go for a lot of money for some reason) and a couple of those relics were supposedly super short-printed so it's just tough to even find one for sale, never mind actually trying to buy it!  I might have a trade in the works for at least one of the above relics but otherwise that's the list of what I'm still trying to acquire.

All that said, it's a fun little project and I'll continue to keep my eye out looking for the last few relics that I need.  And, of course, if you happen to have any of them available for trade (or sale) let me know!

Comments

  1. Cool piece. I tried obtaining all of the Braves relic and auto cards from 2013. I say tried. Still a few to go..... I can't imagine doing the whole darn thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the David Wright...as a Mets fan it's not something I'm looking to trade, but I suppose I could be persuaded with the right offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool relic! This is going to be awesome once you complete it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh.. can't wait to see the Hawk relic card show up one day in one of your posts. I wish they made more cards of 80's skaters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been a fan of Blaine's, but as far as relics go, that sure is an interesting one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment