- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Featured Post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Anyone who has tried to use Check Out My Cards (i.e. COMC) over the past year+ will attest that the site has been extremely bogged down when it comes to shipping. In fact, I've placed a shipment order on the site a few months ago that still hasn't shipped! However, while COMC may be slow on their own website, their consignment sales on eBay are shipping in a much more reasonable time frame...and that's how I ended up with this batch of cards from COMC via eBay!
Let's begin with the oldest set that I'm currently working on...and when I say old I mean it!
This is Ecuador from the 1887 Allen & Ginter Flags of All Nations set. I wasn't originally planning on adding to my 1887 set but since COMC had a card I needed for a decent price, I pounced.
The real reason for my order was to actually finish off some of my other sets - namely, a bunch of Ginter sets from 2018 beginning with the last two Baseball Superstitions that I needed.
I'm happy to have finished this set off - though it's definitely not my favorite mini set from 2018. I guess the idea of essentially a card about a "lucky hat" and then another card about "lucky gloves" doesn't interest me all that much.
The next 2018 Ginter mini set that I was able to finish off definitely interested me a lot more, especially since I like to both cook and grow vegetables (including peppers).
The above two cards are the last of the World's Hottest Peppers cards that I needed. I, myself, like my peppers to be mildly spicy. I'm fairly certain that I'd hate both of the peppers featured here...especially anything with "scorpion" in its name!
The third (and final) 2018 mini insert set that I was able to finish off was the Indigenous Heroes set:
I could have probably guessed that the Pocahontas card would be the last one I'd need! Pocahontas is kind of like the Derek Jeter of "regular" baseball card set collecting, right?
I did land one other mini from 2018:
That's one of the two remaining minis that I needed from the Postage Required set. At this point, my 2018 want list is much, much smaller!
2018 Topps Allen & Ginter Wants:
Mini Inserts:
Folio of Fears: MFF- 1, 2
Postage Required: MPR- 7
That's certainly doable, right?!
Thanks to the COMC order, I'm now up to 8 different sets completed in 2021 which is great news but I'm not done yet...
In addition to all the Ginter goodies, I was able to reel in two more of the super awesome Predators of the Deep shadow box cards from the 2015 Upper Deck Dinosaurs set.
I love, love, love those cards - scans don't do them justice! They are super thick (which means I haven't figured out a good storage solution yet) but they will look great once the full set is finally completed.
And finally, one last card (also from the UD Dinosaurs set):
That's one of the manu-patches from that set. There are different levels of short prints (this one is part of the grouping seeded 1:179 packs). The set is a real pain to put together but I like it enough that I'm sticking with it!
That does it for this COMC / eBay haul. It feels great to be able to knock a bunch of sets off my want list plus I was able to acquire a bunch of rarer/harder to find cards as well. Good stuff all around if you ask me!
Comments







Love the dino cards! I was hoping it was an actual comc.com shipment so I could ask when you ordered it. I ordered a shipment on 12/08/2020 and back then the estimated ship date was 3/12. Obviously, it hasn't moved. I know they added 2 weeks onto everything but I am guessing it will be well over 2 weeks after my estimated delivery date that it will even ship. If it ever does.
ReplyDeleteFrustrating is definitely the go-to word to describe COMC lately. I got involved with it as a low key way around ebay hyper activity levels; then they connected themselves to ebay and told all their previous customers you guys are not our priority now.
ReplyDeleteThought this was an April Fool's Post on St Paddy's Day.
ReplyDeleteEcuador has a number of volcanoes, but I think that that's supposed to be Cotopaxi there on the card. Although it looks like quite a bit of artistic license was taken when creating the image.
ReplyDelete