Featured Post

Pointless, Dumb, and All Mine.

My 22nd Completed Set of the Year!

I didn't get any mail from TCDB trades in the past week - a sad first for me in a quite some time.  Luckily, I do have other sources for acquiring cards including making use of eBay.  That's exactly what I have for you today - a nice little eBay buy that completed my 22nd set for the year!


The above Goldilocks card is the final mini that I needed for my 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Creatures of Legend, Myth, & Joy set.  

The cards from this 9-card set were seeded at a rate of 1:128 packs (according to baseballcardpedia) which means it's no small feat to have the full set in hand!  

As for the card itself, the most interesting thing I learned from the card back is that in the original story of Goldilocks, the titular character was actually a "vulgar old woman."  The story was written by British poet Robert Southey in 1837 - pretty cool that a (kid-friendly, sanitized) version of the story is still popular today!

It's also pretty cool to be able to say that I've completed 22 different sets this year - and hopefully I'll get a few more sets completed prior to the beginning of 2023.

Comments

  1. Nicely done. 22 sets in a year is an accomplishment in itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been putting max effort into completing various sets since I haven't been buying new product (at least not until Ginter is released...if it ever gets released that is).

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finishing off this set! At 1:128... this is one tough set build.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy completed set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The early Allen & Ginter insert sets were so rad. This one for sure was one of the best. Nice work Chris.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment