Featured Post

Happy 4th of July


Happy 4th of July everyone!

This time of year is a time for many of us to remember those who served in the Armed Forces. For myself, it's a time to remember my grandfather (who served in WWII) and who passed away last September.

My grandfather was one of the greatest men I have ever known. He was smart, funny, and kind. The man could fix anything, build anything, and seemed to know about everything. He loved boating, woodworking, and a good nap - and I'll always remember him for those three things.

This year, the 4th is a bit harder for me because he is no longer with us. Some of my favorite summertime memories involve him taking me out on his boat to watch the fireworks over the lake. Although his health deteriorated over the past few years, he never lost his love for the water - nor for his family or country. He was a strong man whose spirit never ceased to amaze me.

I wish all of you a happy and safe 4th of July, and may you all remember your own special friends and family who helped make America the country that it is. And to my grandpa, I hope you have a great view of the lake and fireworks this year - I miss you.







Comments

  1. Anonymous3:06 AM

    Happy 4th. I haven't decided yet, but the typical tradition is to head to PGE Park for the Triple-A game followed by a big fireworks display. We may stay home and play with fire this year though.

    I can't tell you enough how much I love the renovated site. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy your day. We're planning to head over to the beach for some family cookin' out and watch the fireworks over the water...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hit the return button and apparently had apparently gotten out of the box before I was finished! Ugh.

    I just wanted to let you know I'm sure your grandfather is watching over you as much as he is watching the fireworks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated 4th to you. It's great to have such wonderful memories. Thanks for sharing. That's how you keep them fresh. Hope you had a wonderful 4th and that your grandfather was with you in spirit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment