Featured Post

NCAA Top 25 Poll: FanOfReds' Style

After Penn State’s win over Illinois, I’ve decided that I ought to push aside my skepticism (easy early schedule, no pressure situations, etc) of my team and begin believing in my Nittany Lions! Last night's white out in Happy Valley was awe-inspiring on TV, I only wish I could have been there in person... I've got to make an effort to get to a Penn State game this season!

As I watched the day's highlights before the PSU game, I was amazed at the teams that choked and the teams that asserted themselves as legitimate teams. The last weekend resulted in a wild, crazy week of college football – which is why they play the games as they say. Since there was such turmoil, I’ve decided to throw my own top-25 into the blog-o-sphere for your entertainment.

Without further ado, here’s FanOfReds’ NCAA Top 25:


1. LSU


2. Oklahoma

3. Alabama

4. Missouri

5. Penn State

6. Texas
7. BYU
8. South Florida
9. Texas Tech
10. USC
11. Florida
12. Georgia
13. Auburn
14. Ohio State
15. Kansas
16. Utah
17. Boise State
18. Vanderbilt
19. Oklahoma State
20. Wisconsin
21. Fresno State
22. Connecticut
23. Oregon
24. Virginia Tech
25. Northwestern


There’s mine, what do you think? Note, I try to reward actual wins versus the “celebrity status” of a team. Hence, USC’s drop to #10 and Northwestern (barely) making my top 25.


Image Sources:

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z215/Decanterman/LSU%202/LSuGirls.jpg

http://www.teachwithmovies.org/guides/oklahoma-DVDcover.jpg

http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/images/alabama.jpg

http://www.metroplexgymnastics.com/img/Colleges/university_missouri.jpg

http://imagearchive.psu.edu/albums/userpics/10003/normal_Stadium_Night_1.jpg



Comments

  1. Anonymous6:13 AM

    Penn State @ #5, ok i can live with that. The Lions are roaring into a home near you soon. get to a game, they are crazy & a ton of fun!!

    tell me are you one of the few that still believe in Joe Pa? or are you one of the many calling for him to retire?

    i love Joe Pa!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:03 AM

    Nice work. Why not publish your own because it's obvious the coaches and the media polls are questionable.

    Not sure about Texas Tech because of their schedule to date; including 2 nonD1 teams.

    Oh well ... time will sort things out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ck: I still like Joe Pa. I know he's getting up there in age (to be polite) but I like the stability and "classiness" he brings to the football team. It's the little things, like handing the ball to the ref after a touchdown acting like you've been there before that Penn State does better than anyone else...I like that.

    afrankangle: I actually don't know much about Texas Tech so I went more on their record than anything else. I suppose if they proceed to lose two of their next three games or something then I'll know my ranking was completely wrong for them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:37 AM

    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEE answer freds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job. Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maryland, after impressive wins against Cal & Clemson, should be in there...at least I think they should :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment