Featured Post

Reader feedback: What do you prefer?


Well, it's been a disappointing Sunday for me sports-wise. My Reds lost to the Brewers, perhaps my calls of karma were slightly premature. A short time later, my Steelers got beat up (literally) by the Eagles from that "other" Pennsylvania city. In an effort to avoid bitterness in my writing, I've decided to take the opportunity to solicit your opinion.


As many of you know, I started my blogging "career" over at the Sporting News. Since the blogs there were limited to sports (at least in theory...and according to certain boisterous readers), I moved to my digs where you are currently visiting. While I certainly can't retire off of the revenue from the advertisements that adorn my site (especially since my click-rate is below half of one percent), I do try to do a decent job with the blog as if it were a money maker.


However, I've found my postings here to be rather eclectic (perhaps because of my many varied interests)... What I want to know is, do you care?


Should I dedicate Nachos Grande to sports and if I choose to talk about politics, cooking, or something else do so in a different, dedicated blog? Or would you rather visit my blog each day and have no idea what I might have decided to write about? Or, I suppose, maybe you don't care one way or the other. I assure you that my feelings won't be hurt no matter what you may think, but I'm curious so let me know!


Source:

Comments

  1. Chris,

    I think you should write about what moves you to put your fingers on the keyboard. This blog is about you more than anything, and I for one will enjoy reading any subject that you decide to discuss.

    I am sure this doesn't really answer your question, but I think you should just stick to what comes from moving your fingers across the keys, regardless of what it is about.

    If you decide to keep this just a sports site and open a new place for the other stuff then just let me know so I can bookmark that as well...but you have to write what inspires you, and that will inspire your readers in turn.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brad,
    Thanks for stopping by and weighing in. I also am leaning to the "whatever moves my fingers" idea for the blog (certainly what I've done thus far) but I thought I ought to get other's opinions on the matter. I'm planning to mix it up quite a bit in an effort to start posting almost daily soon!

    I've got quite a collection of ideas waiting to be typed up!

    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:33 AM

    FREDS~

    why would you have to even ask, i LOVE reading your stuff, even when i haven't clue fricken one (baseball).

    you do what rocks your world !!!

    sniff, who else is going to teach me to spell PALIN right LMAO!

    i prefer FREDS TO BE FREDS & NACHOS GRANDE to be about what FREDS wakes up feeling like writing about today, ya dig ;0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Write about whatever you want. We'll check it out. It's nice to get a dash of something non-sports related from time to time. Keep doing what you're doing pal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CK: Thanks for checkin' in! I do tend to go overboard on baseball...but you haven't seen anything yet, if my Reds are ever good watch out!

    Lester: Many thanks for stoppin' by. It sounds like everyone likes a little variety, so variety you shall get!

    I'll try to get a "new" post up tonight. Thanks all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should roll with what ever crosses your mind and inspires you. Art is such a broad definition in terminology, so enjoy your creations....I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fanofreds, I'm with tcp on this one. It's your blog, you do what you want to do with it. As long as you feel the need to post about something, it shouldn't matter what the subject is.

    BTW, I have no problem with anyone going overboard on a subject. We all have one thing(or more in some cases) that we'd like to write about more than anything else. Stick to what you want to talk about, and that's all that should matter.

    Take care.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Chris:
    Could you get any less topic centered than Mo's Marketplace? I have to tell you, it kills the readership if people don't know what to expect, but if they come expecting not to know, that's another story, dude.

    I have found having that one place to write whatever I want to has been so freeing...

    Do what you want man, but my vote is to give yourself the place to go to just say whatever the hell you want to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment