Featured Post

Vote for Change ... or ... Change!

As election day draws nearer, it's obvious to anyone with a pulse (and a tv signal) that Pennsylvania is smack dab in the middle of the swing states that both candidates hope to win. Since the end of the conventions, every television station that I've watched has been inundated with Obama and McCain ads.

Of course, in the spirit of a typical swing voter, I'm still undecided (perhaps I'm holding out for a viable third candidate with concrete ideas to change the status quo)? No matter who wins though, if I am to believe their ads (which we all know if it's on TV it's got to be true), change is on the way.

So if the candidates can't separate themselves with their ads...and if I don't care who has lipstick and who doesn't, what can they do? Thanks to Google telling me that a blog entitled "A Cup of Jo" was hot, I found a link to the following Obama buttons:



Of course, to be fair, I decided to scour the web for Republican buttons that would be a fair comparison (shouldn't they have the Oil Tycoon button?). After a short search, I determined that Republicans don't seem to take the button frenzy to the same overblown heights that Democrats do...as you can see:





So who gets my vote? Well, I won't commit to either candidate quite yet, but the Democrats earned themselves a small lead by issuing one particular button that is quite near to my own heart...and certainly shows that the Democrats are going after every single possible voter than can:


Somehow I doubt that the "Mathematicians for Obama" campaign will affect the electoral map, but it certainly made me laugh on an otherwise slow evening (especially since my Reds lost earlier in the afternoon to the Brewers).

-fanofreds


Image Sources:

http://www.democraticstuff.com/Supporter-Buttons-s/7528.htm
http://www.politicalshop.com/showitems_new.asp?mainpage=showitems&keysearch1=republican&keysearch3=button
http://buttons.cafepress.com/item/mccain-palin-republican-buttons-wholesale-100pk/303522961

Comments

  1. Vote but I tell you they both need to somethng. i cannot place a finger on what is missing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:46 AM

    alrighty here goes & this is a HUGE can of worms~

    i've been a registered republican since i was 18, to make this very short & sweet (be forwarned i'm not arguing with anyone over this, don't care who ya are)

    i'm pullin my lever for Obama.

    that is all~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a registered Libertarian, and have planned to vote the ticket, but over the last couple of days I'm thinking I have to vote McCain...even though I live in Massachusetts and it doesn't matter who I vote for, because Obama will win here.

    The Libertarian candidate Barr, publicly asked Ron Paul to be on the ticket - apparently without, you know, first asking Paul in the first place...oh, and the LP has already had it's convention and a VP candidate...Paul did what Paul has been doing, not endorsing anyone...what a mess. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mind of madman: I think a lot of the country agrees with you on this one.

    ck0712: Interesting. I wonder how many registered Dems are pulling the lever for Palin and the Republicans (because no one is voting for McCain, all the Republican votes are for soon-to-be president Palin)

    Mo: Ron Paul never ceases to amaze me...I don't think I could ever vote for a ticket he was on but he certainly made for a great "fringe" candidate during the presidential nomination process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the best way for an idiot like me to describe this election is : which pile of poop tastes best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3rdStone: In many ways, I think you are entirely correct. For a pair of candidates who both constantly shove the message of "change" down our throats, it's basically been the same old smear campaigns, negative ads, and political pandering that we've all become accustomed to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:01 AM

    agree with u all. my reasons for voting for Obama are pretty clear to me, i like the guy & how he walks among men, how he speaks, how he presents himself, granted he is lacking in some areas' (as all presidents are) however, he took care of that by making a smart move & putting Biden on the ticket. biden is a no nonsense, in your face, guy.

    mccain just is not my cup of tea at all. as for Palin or however u spell it.......no fricken way do i want her at the helm of the country we live in.

    the unions here, teachers etc..have all put the support behind obama. now granted the dems have a long history of raising taxes etc..and i , as a business owner, am a bit worried about that. but looking at the lesser of two piles of POOP (3rd lol) i gotta pull for the obama poop LOL! i'd rather have taxes jacked some, this country needs the breaks put on this oil shit etc..i have oil for my heating system & i've had to invest in a wood burning stove for the winter because it's moronic at best, to pay 5000.00 to fricken heat my house. hell i could go on all day, bottom line obama in 08. if mccain wins i will be one sad chicka & no one likes a GIRL to cry LMAO!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment