Featured Post

Monday, Monday, Monday (TCDB)

The Fantasy Football Gods Must Hate Me.


My fantasy football roster:
Romo
L. Johnson
Reggie Bush
Burress
LenDale White
S. Holmes
K. Winslow
Giants D
J. Reed

Not a bad roster, except:
Romo's been hurt - and I traded away my backup (Eli Manning for Reggie Bush earlier this season)
Bush is now out - and the available running backs with any skills are nonexistent in my league.
Burress is a whack job who's been running his mouth - it's only a matter of time before he gets suspended AGAIN.
LenDale - well, I got lucky here, he's not hurt and he's producing.
Holmes - Mediocre so far
Winslow - Out.
Giants D - good mostly
Reed - hurt earlier this year, but seemed ok last week.

I'm not sure if you could draft a better (initial) roster that has turned out to be such a dud. I've managed to take down the league leader in both our head-to-head matchups, but I'm only 2-3 against everyone else...

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    ROMO? why not your own QB? i never did the fantasy thing, but it's always really interesting to see who ppl. pick etc...

    i don't think anyone could have predicted the injuries this season & so early in the season!!

    i like LenDale & ya i've heard all the jokes about him (lol) but like you said, he's not hurt & producing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join the club. I faced LenDale and Mewelde Moore last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you didn't waste a #1 pick on LT like I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ck: I took Romo in the first round and hoped Big Ben would fall to me later, which obviously didn't happen. I'm too much of a homer when it comes to my own team though, so I tried hard NOT to draft too many Steelers. (Obviously that didn't work out entirely since I have Holmes, Reed, and Miller).

    Lester: Ouch! LenDale carried me (literally) to a win last week.

    Tcp: True...though I wasted enough picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your roster looks better than mine in the league where I'm currently 7-0.

    funny how things work

    ReplyDelete
  6. CCC said it best. I have one league where I'm 7-0 but another that is similar to your rosater and 2-5

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment