Featured Post

2008 UD Masterpieces 4 Pack Break

After a disappointing Penn State game (seriously, Iowa?!), I stopped by my local Wal*Mart for some baseball cards to soothe the pain. I picked up a box of Goudey because I'm addicted, a box of Baseball Heroes because that set has been elusive, and 4 packs of UD Masterpieces. Below are the UD Masterpiece pulls...

In the four packs, I managed to get 16 different base cards and a Yankee Stadium Legacy card, but no short prints. I don't know what the short print insertion odds are for this set, but I've decided it's a bunch of crap. I think I've only pulled ONE short print to date. That's inexcusable...almost as bad as the hundred or so short prints in the Goudey set...but that's a different story.

The cards I got (that I needed) were:

#8 Jim Palmer
#47 Prince Fielder - I can see why he went vegetarian...if an artist drew a picture of me looking like that I'd probably stop eating altogether.




#53 Carlos Beltran
#70 Jimmy Rollins
#75 Tony Gwynn - You can't go wrong with a card that features a uniform with brown, orange, and yellow trim.

#78 Barry Zito
#84 Jason Veritek
#88 Frank Thomas

I also pulled the following cards I already had (and thus, are up for trade immediately!)
#12 Wade Boggs
#41 Vladimir Guerrero
#48 Ryan Braun
#52 Ken Griffey Jr
#55 Johan Santana
#61 Mariano Rivera
#69 Chase Utley
#89 Roy Halladay


And finally, I pulled another Yankee Stadium Legacy that will go directly into the stack of 'em that I'll be listing on eBay shortly to try and get some of my card money back!
#YSL5810 - David Wells




Comments

  1. I think SPs are inserted one in every 8 retail packs. They are pretty consistently found one per blaster at least. I've only pulled 4 myself and out of the 4 got one double!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 in 8 huh...well, guess they don't want people to complete a set via retail...sheesh.

    Thanks for the info though - I guess that's why Upper Deck doesn't like to put the odds on the pack wrappers anymore...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Tony Gwynn was ever that thin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:06 AM

    freds, i'm glad something good came outta last night's loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. night owl: Yeah, I thought that too... I guess if you average the apparent weights of Fielder and Gwynn you get something closer to their actual playing weight.

    CK: Me too... That loss was brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:45 PM

    It seems odd to see Tony Gwynn in his early playing days without all the weight he carries today and toward the end of his career.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man Tony Gwynn piled on the pounds over his career.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment