Featured Post

Dinged Corners Asked - I Answer!

Patricia and Lucy over at Dinged Corners have posted a list of questions for fellow bloggers. After reading my answers, I highly recommend you check out their blog and answer the questions yourself!

1-If I didn't collect baseball cards, I'd collect:

Coins. My grandfather got me hooked on collecting coins many years ago. I don't have a huge collection, but if I run across a coin I haven't seen before I always make sure to pocket it and then add it to my collection when I get home.

2-My baseball heroes include one you probably wouldn't know from my blog or comments, and that person is:

Chris Sabo. I always like Sabo - at first because he was a Red who shared the same first name as me. Then because he had those goofy looking goggles...and finally, the 1990 World Series. I don't know what ever happened to him though.

3-Every New Years I resolve to __________ my collection.
Complete. I love making complete sets - so each year I try to complete more and more sets (both from the current year and from years past). Someday I'll post all the cards I need from a variety of sets, but for now I only have a few (that I'm relatively close to completing) on my want list.

4-If I could spend a day with one person from baseball history, it would be ________.
I think the best answer to this would be Jackie Robinson - but everyone has him as an answer, so he'd probably be sick of talking about baseball and things before it was my turn to spend a day with him. As such, I think I'd choose either Roberto Clemente or Babe Ruth. Clemente because he was a great player whom I know very little about and Ruth because from all accounts the guy liked to have fun - plus it would be neat to learn about players from Ruth's generation.

5-What is your favorite kind of dog?

My parents have a Bernese Mountain Dog named Bacchus that I'm rather fond of. If not the Bernese, probably either a Lab or Golden Retriever.




6-Who is your favorite baseball player?
Barry Larkin is my favorite from "my generation." I also like most of the Big Red Machine, specifically Bench, Perez, Morgan, and Rose.

7. What is your favorite team?
In baseball, the Cincinnati Reds. In pro football, the Pittsburgh Steelers. In NCAA football, the Penn State Nittany Lions. In NCAA Basketball, I root for the University of Vermont and Penn State. I don't care much for the NBA, NHL, or Golf.

8-What is your favorite baseball movie?
I liked Field of Dreams (any son with a baseball loving father probably has this as a top 10 all-time movie) and 61*.

9-What is your favorite baseball book?
Baseball by Ken Burns. A great book that I read cover to cover.

10-What is your favorite card?
For sentimental reasons, probably my 1987 Topps Reds Leaders card. There are a lot of cards in my collection that I like a lot though!

Comments

  1. Anonymous8:13 PM

    HOW awesome is this!! Loved it. i can't answer the questions i don't do the card thing :(

    LOVE your doggy pics!! those are beautiful dogs for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CK: Thanks for stoppin' by - glad you liked the dog pics. He's a real sweetheart that dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to learn a little bit about the man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment